thelyonsking

May 15, 2022
Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
New owner of an old pool that came with house. Intex 12 x 24 8400 gallons. Sand filter. So far I have been able to scrub and vacuum all the Crud out.

Since all I had were some old strips left by previous owner I took a sample to the store yesterday.

TA 47
pH 7.2
CC 0.6

They had me add 12 lbs Bio guard Balance Pak, 2/3 cup Lol n Slo., and I added a chloride puck to the two floaters.

This morning strip says
FC 5
TCI 5
ALK 180
pH 6.8
TH 250

I just ordered a TF-100 test kit to do better testing. The water LOOKS decent. Hopefully I can make sure it gets balanced out with better testing.

I just ordered a TF-100 test kit
That is most important. :goodjob: Everything else above doesn't really help much I'm afraid. I wouldn't add anything else to the water except some liquid chlorine each day - about 3 ppm worth. You can use our PoolMath APP (Effects if Adding) to help you with the dosage. Once you get the TF-100, post back with your numbers and we'll have some confident advice ready.

Enjoy! :swim:

Reactions: Stump
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.