New Owner Builder Project Advice would be much appreciated!

I would go with a 4" suction line and then run a separate 2" line with a Jandy Neverlube valve on each line to each sheer so that you can get perfect balance.

I would run the water through a 520 square foot cartridge filter.
Thank you @kimkats @Jimrahbe and @JamesW ! So, a pool consultant I spoke with suggested a Superflo vsp for water features. The height of the wall is 30” for middle wall and 18” for wall on each side. Would superflo not be sufficient? Just asking as it is a bit more economical I think?. And currently have a 420 filter. Also not enough?

I would go with the Intelliflo XF.

If you don't already have the 420 filter, go with the 520.
Ok will do James. Thank you. I have the 420 but think I can make the easy swap. Just to clarify pool is approx 15x30. Depths 3’6”-5’6”-3’6” and 8500 gallons. Does the gallons seem correct? Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• OBnew.png
    OBnew.png
    714.1 KB · Views: 14
Ok will do James. Thank you. I have the 420 but think I can make the easy swap. Just to clarify pool is approx 15x30. Depths 3’6”-5’6”-3’6” and 8500 gallons. Does the gallons seem correct? Thank you in advance!
Ok I just read on another thread that bigger is better regardless of pool size for filters so 520 here I come! Thank you!

Reactions: kimkats
So the dig was completed today. Does this look like a finished, standard, completely acceptable job?

Attachments

• 5ECDD861-66F2-4F76-9C9A-0C9A946940D3.jpeg
    5ECDD861-66F2-4F76-9C9A-0C9A946940D3.jpeg
    606.6 KB · Views: 58
  • OBnew.png
    OBnew.png
    714.1 KB · Views: 55
Yeah I was just wondering if the dig itself looked correct. And no there is 10 feet of patio space along the perimeter of the house and then 9-13 feet on the side for a seating area

Great that sounds pretty terrible. Not sure what I can do at this point? Rebar is already done. 10 feet is too close? Why would the city approve the permit with the plans I had then?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
How close is the pool supposed to be to the property line in back and on the left?

It looks like it will be maybe 1 foot?

They are pretty close to the walls.

You probably need to confirm everything with the engineer.

You typically don't want to dig that close to a structure because you can undermine the structural integrity of the earth.

Oh I see. Well, I was told that the water line would be 3 feet from the wall per code. That’s all they told me. I can call engineering tomorrow though. Thank you for the heads up. I’m praying that’s not the case!

Reactions: JamesW
Ok will do! Yeah unfortunately we had pretty limited space but yeah when all is said and done, it should be 3 feet from wall. I will double check with engineering though

Reactions: JamesW
Soooo....shotcrete day was yesterday. I don’t know a lot but looked to me like they formed a large part of the spa, wet deck, steps with rebound. They did not haul off anything. No excess at all. Asked the owner and he said shotcrete doesn’t produce rebound. Isn’t rebound just all the globs that were not pneumatically applied and then scooped up handstacked on top thereafter? Help! Please!

Last edited:
  • Sad
Soooo....shotcrete day was yesterday. I don’t know a lot but looked to me like they formed almost the entire spa, wet deck, steps with rebound. They did not haul off anything. No excess at all. Asked the owner and he said shotcrete doesn’t produce rebound. Isn’t rebound just all the globs that were not pneumatically applied and then handstacked thereafter? Help! Please!

Sure it does...

Rebound mentioned in 15 places.

Pool Contractors and Pool Builders will often fire a gunite crew caught using rebound material to build a structure. It’s one of the worst things a Pool Builder can do and a shady cost cutting way to stick it to the homeowner to save a few bucks. It should never be done under any circumstances ever.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.