New owner build in N/W Las Vegas

Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas Nevada
Hi everyone, been getting quotes for 18x30 geometric pool and spa here in Vegas. My lowest bid so far was $53000. That included pool/spa Pentair equipment, led lighting and a fire pit. Since that quote I have ran my own gas lines, installed the fire pit and stubbed out for the heater. There is also a 220 plug ran too where the pool equipment will go. My question is if I went the owner builder route how mich money could I save? I have a 30k budget and I’m willing too take out the spa of it means getting my pool done by next summer. I would appreciate any advice you all can give.

My wife's boss just built his own last summer in Summerlin, I can ask if he has suggestions for contractors if you need it. I have no idea what he spent on his, but he said it wasn't bad. He did take several months to get it finished though.

Reactions: Nwvegas
Just plastered two OBs that my neighbor and I have built. When its all done, should be well below the PB quotes. We added some upgrades that were not in their quotes. But, we also did alot of work ourselves.

Final cost depends on your pool design, size, features like waterfalls and spas, finishes like tile and plaster, deck size and type , if you need anything extra engineered, what you choose to do yourself, etc...

IMO, you may, with emphasis on “may” be able to build a complete, basic IG concrete pool here, with very basic equipment and some more of your own labor, for that budget. Not wanting to disuade you at all, just recommend you thoroughly research, be prepared and have some reserve $.

Heres some numbers to use as a base budget. Keep in mind these were starting points for most subs and special features went up from there.

Design & Engineering: $1100.
Permits & Fees: $1050
Excavation & Haul $3K.
Basic Plumb $4K.
Basic Electric: $4,200.
Steel: $2,500.
Shell: $7,500.
Tile: $1,800.
Deck: $2,900.
Plaster: $3200.
Equipment: $2K, with VSF pump, without a heater or automation.
$33,250.

Doesn't include pool code gates, fixing the fence or wall, and a host of other small expenses that add up. These are base quotes from subs here, includes materials and labor. Send me a pm if you need a list of subs.

Reactions: Nwvegas
Just plastered two OBs that my neighbor and I have built. When its all done, should be well below the PB quotes. We added some upgrades that were not in their quotes. But, we also did alot of work ourselves.

Final cost depends on your pool design, size, features like waterfalls and spas, finishes like tile and plaster, deck size and type , if you need anything extra engineered, what you choose to do yourself, etc...

IMO, you may, with emphasis on “may” be able to build a complete, basic IG concrete pool here, with very basic equipment and some more of your own labor, for that budget. Not wanting to disuade you at all, just recommend you thoroughly research, be prepared and have some reserve $.

Heres some numbers to use as a base budget. Keep in mind these were starting points for most subs and special features went up from there.

Design & Engineering: $1100.
Permits & Fees: $1050
Excavation & Haul $3K.
Basic Plumb $4K.
Basic Electric: $4,200.
Steel: $2,500.
Shell: $7,500.
Tile: $1,800.
Deck: $2,900.
Plaster: $3200.
Equipment: $2K, with VSF pump, without a heater or automation.
$33,250.

Doesn't include pool code gates, fixing the fence or wall, and a host of other small expenses that add up. These are base quotes from subs here, includes materials and labor. Send me a pm if you need a list of subs.
Thanks for your reply. I have RV parking so all I will really have too do is retrofit the gate too bring it too code. I’m gonna shoot you over a PM.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.