New NE Oklahoma IG Build

Jun 26, 2017
NE Oklahoma
Hi everyone,

I've been lurking around here for a few months but just now starting a build thread.

We're building a 16x36 rectangular IG gunite/plaster pool with attached spa. Shallow end will be 4' and deep end was to be 8' (now will be 7'6" due to rock shelf encountered while digging). Estimated to be 25,000 gallons. We also are planning a 9x9 ledge in the shallow end that will be 18" deep for kids to play or adults to lounge. There will be an umbrella receptacle in the middle of the ledge. SWG, Jandy iAqualink, auto-fill, heat pump, single-speed pump (PB feels strongly that since we're getting automation we're better off saving the money from the VSP and just using the timers in the automation to keep power consumption down). Planning to go w/ French Grey for the plaster and very dark grey (almost black) 6"x24" tile.

Here's the original plan (though a few things have changed like the depths):

CKPoolDesign.jpg

Here it is with the forms being placed. Spa is in the foreground. The house is built up a few feet from the yard so they'll be building up the pool/deck area to be at the same level as the house.
CKPoolLayout.jpg

Dig day!
CKPoolDigging.jpg

Here it is dug out:
CKPoolDugOut.sized.jpg

CKPoolDugOut2.sized.jpg

Note the limestone. I don't think we even need gunite :rolleyes: They managed to do that with just an excavator. When they got down to 7'6" (water depth) they hit a solid sheet of rock. They told us it would be $5k to go that last 6". We decided 7'6" was a great depth! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Here it is with the bottom graveled:
CKPoolGravel.sized.jpg

And as of yesterday:
IMG_20170712_161319_hdr.sized.jpg

Gunite went in last week. Have been busy with work to get pics posted (have to pay for this thing somehow!). Since then they've just been hauling all the rock/dirt away, pulling forms, and running power from my meter over to the equipment pad. Tomorrow they'll start trenching to lay down the plumbing.

IMG_20170721_111608_hdr.sized.jpg

IMG_20170721_111615_hdr.sized.jpg

IMG_20170721_111641_hdr.sized.jpg

Looks great so far. Any updates? Are you happy with your pool builder so far? I'm planning a pool in NE OK soon, haven't even closed on the house yet, so any recommendations on pool builders in that area are welcomed.

Congrats on the new build so far and looking good. Did you order your TF-100 test kit and have you considered membership?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.