New member with upcoming pool resurfacing project

14kari

Oct 25, 2020
NoCal
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to join this pool community. I have an upcoming pool resurfacing project starting on Nov 3rd and I’m trying to absorb as much information as I can about source types and color options. We are located in Northern CA and currently have the original white plaster that has held up remarkably for the past 27 years!! We began getting rust spots about 2 years ago and we are finally biting the bullet and having it resurfaced. The tile is also in good shape, so we are uncertain if we are going to change it out or just have it cleaned. Our pool is approx 20,000 gallons and is in direct sun for most of the day. We are leaning towards a light, light gray plaster or a white based QuartzScape product. Any input on suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated. Thank you!

Attachments

• 34BAF192-AB78-4071-A026-6C00043F5BF2.jpeg
    34BAF192-AB78-4071-A026-6C00043F5BF2.jpeg
    593.6 KB · Views: 23
Hello 14Kari- welcome to TFP!~
27 years is a great run for plaster! You've done well. :goodjob:

All I can suggest is to read the following and ask questions as they come up-

We'd love to see the project progress... LOVE pics!!

Maddie :flower:

Reactions: 14kari
I am also looking at quartz. I have it narrowed down thru research to Luna Quartz, Quartzscapes and Colorscapes. I wish I could find pools with them but can’t 😕. Now we need to see and feel samples in person.

Hello 14Kari- welcome to TFP!~
27 years is a great run for plaster! You've done well. :goodjob:

All I can suggest is to read the following and ask questions as they come up-

We'd love to see the project progress... LOVE pics!!

Maddie :flower:
Thank you! 😊

Take a look at the above thread.

Welcome to the forum.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.