New member with a lot to learn :)

Mlange126

Sep 25, 2020
New Jersey
Hi - my name is Megan and we own an above ground 18' SW pool. This is our second season and for the most part we have had amazing results with very little maintenance. I've been struggling lately and want to educate myself about our pool so I don't have to entirely rely on our local pool stores, which I feel are very hit or miss and sometimes completely wrong. I look forward to becoming self suffient! :)

Hello Megan and welcome to TFP! :wave: You've come to the right place. With a little bit of reading ahead of time, the right test kit, and some Q&As, you'll be a pro in no time. We'll help along the way. Please make sure to start at our ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry, and save those Vital Links below in my signature. Don't forget to update your sig as well and include your test kit. If you don't have a test kit for next season, be sure to ask Santa for a TF-100 and magnetic speedstir. I'm assuming you have closed by now, but if not, or if you have questions about that, just let us know.

You have found the right place for all your pool questions.
Notice no advertisments and access to all the great info is free. In addition there are many, many generous members here who have years of experience and also many industry professionals willing to help and volunteer their time. So how does this work? Members before you who learned how to care for their pools and spas from TFP have donated to keep it going, help it grow and pay it forward. Dive in and experience real pool care and what a TFP pool is all about. Prepare to be impressed. :cheers: TFP has a youtube channel too ... Trouble Free Pool