New Member / Owner

Well to be safe I bumped up the chlorine to SLAM levels (at least, I did if my bleach hasn’t degraded). Used the last of the bleach I bought a month ago. Got new stuff for the future. Then I brushed everywhere. Walls, ladder, steps, even the pool floor.

If it comes back maybe it is just dirt. I will vacuum it.

Reactions: kimkats
That looks like sand from the installers' shoes. I had a new liner installed back in June and had some sand like that. I was able to vacuum it all up, although it did take a few days.
Hopefully! Thank you for comforting, though. :)

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It's funny how much your experience seems to be mirroring mine. We did a new liner because I was suspecting leaking based on having to add water weekly last year. This year I have only added water once since we finished refilling and I've pumped some out twice.

Hopefully you have as easy a time maintaining the water as I have this year. It's been an absolute breeze, and the water has never looked better or been more enjoyable. Pool care has definitely been trouble-free this year.

Reactions: IceShadow
Decided I was tired of the dripping from below the chlorinator. The piece it threaded into was cross-threaded. So I replaced and moved it. Before and after below.

B4DEC363-EC4F-40FC-A70A-531376189F8A.jpegC273367E-9F58-4929-940D-2892AAB8FF3E.jpeg

It still drips from the chlorinator a little. May do a new piece with the new unions to replace the chlorinator section except when it’s in use.

Maybe it started clear and the chemicals over time changed it green? I dunno. I'm gonna pull it out and replace it with some straight tube now that I have unions in place. I can keep it for if I am ever away a while and can throw pucks in it.

So the new directional eyelets they put in the returns are SUPER hard to move. I have to remove the eyelet and pry them with a screwdriver to get them to move. Any advice on getting them to adjust easier?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.