New Member / Owner

I let it go a few days without vacuuming and it sure looks like dead algae to me. Lowered my pH to 7.2 and started SLAM levels. CC did get up to 1. We’ll see what it does tomorrow AM.

CCs went to 0 overnight. FC remained steady (got 15 vs 14.5 last night but that’s within margin of error on the test). A little crud on the bottom overnight but minimal.

I’m going to vacuum it to waste and see if it comes back. If it does I’m just going to assume it’s dust settling on the pool, with no consumption of FC happening overnight.

Still getting quotes. My guess is with the wet mild spring we’ve had most places are backed up anyway.

I couldn’t vacuum up the little bits of whatever on the corners as I brushed and they all went poof. I’ll have to wait for them to settle or hope they get to the filter and it catches them. Meanwhile I’m maintaining SLAM levels of chlorine.

So still seeing a little of the stuff on the bottom but I think it is less. Still, could just be dirt.

Vacuumed some leaves up, kicked the pH back down to 7.2, and added 3 gals of 12.5% bleach to get it up to mustard algae levels. Just to be sure that’s not it.

I get what it seems like you are describing collecting in the corners and seams of the liner too. I think it's just a normal thing, but I don't lug out the vacuum every day for it, I just brush it toward the main drain periodically and let it recirculate through the filter. When the neighbors tree was making pollen right above us it was horrible.

I don't have a main drain, sadly - just a skimmer and a port halfway up the side of the deep end for suction-side lines. :/

Sure, but then I have a vacuum and a hose sitting in my pool. At that point I'd rather just take it out and vacuum when I need to. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
IceShadow
I've been "lurking" on this thread since you started it.
I just wanted to comment now and say congrats on such a wonderful transformation. You have received some excellent advice from our members and so nice to see you implementing it.
The best thing I have seen on this thread so far is the last post that shows how the youngsters are taking full advantage of your outstanding efforts. Nice!!
Great job! :goodjob:
Take care...
r.

Kept pump running. Vacuumed later in the afternoon as the water is clear again. :)

30A9D5C0-2432-468F-896C-D4C103AA8FE5.jpeg

New liner should be measured for on Monday!

When you know you are going to have a large swimmer load AND they are kids you can/should push the FC up to just under SLAM level before they get there. Then push it to SLAM level when the last one gets out. That may head off the big cloud up to just a little hazy.

Will you be there when they measure? Here is hoping they do it right! Do you know WHO as in from which company will be doing the work? The people doing the install or the liner company's people?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.