New member looking at SWG upgrade

jfcullen83

Mar 25, 2021
Fl
Hello all,

I recently found this forum after my pool needed some TLC after being neglected by my pool guy. I have successfully brought it back to life using the 2006 test kit and the pool math app. It looks great but I would like to add a SWG. My pool is small (5k gallons) so I was looking at the ichlor 15. Would this be a good option? I see that they sell as a bundle with the power supply included. Does it still require a timer or does it correspond with my intelliflo pump to only generate chlorine when my pump runs?

Thanks,
John

Hello all,

I recently found this forum after my pool needed some TLC after being neglected by my pool guy. I have successfully brought it back to life using the 2006 test kit and the pool math app. It looks great but I would like to add a SWG. My pool is small (5k gallons) so I was looking at the ichlor 15. Would this be a good option? I see that they sell as a bundle with the power supply included. Does it still require a timer or does it correspond with my intelliflo pump to only generate chlorine when my pump runs?

Thanks,
John
You will want it on a timer. I run mine on the same timer as the pump that way one cant be on without the other

Hey JC !!! I had 2 times. Summertime and wintertime.

Your VS pump will allow 24/7 running at a trickle with very little electric cost. 1200 RPMs was plenty for skimming for me and cost about $20 a month in an expensive electric area. It makes everything easier to just let it skim/filter/produce FC all day. Food for thought.

For reference as you inevitably ponder if its 'worth it'....... I had a SWG and moved. We are about to start the build process again and before I even have a contract I ordered my SWG and VS pump today. I am concerned about shortages and it is literally the most important part of my build. (to me). So yeah. I'm a big fan. :)

Reactions: DanF
Thanks for the replies. I do not have a timer for my pump, it has a control panel integrated on the pump itself. If I were to get the ichlor would I still need a timer for it or would the pump communicate with it to tell it when to start and stop?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.