New Member in Southwest Florida

Quip

Jun 28, 2020
Naples, Florida
Hi all. My wife and I moved from Michigan to Southwest Florida three years ago and now have a home with a beautiful pool. Since I've never had a pool before I decided to leave the maintenance up to a pool company. The problem is that they are costing me a lot of money every month and I don't think they're doing a very good job. Hoping this site can teach me how to take care of my pool and let me fire the "professionals".

Msch99

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jun 11, 2018
Verona, MO
Welcome to TFP! 😀 Follow the experts advice here and you will be astounded on how cheaply you will keep your pool crystal clear!

1) please add your pool information to your signature. Settings/signature. This will help the experts and so you won’t have to type it on every question thread.
2). You will need your own test kit. Either the TF100 like mine. (Link in signature) or the Taylor K-2006C. Test strips and pool stores are not consistent or reliable enough.
3) Suggest you read up in pool school. Start with ABCs of pool water chemistry.

The information is a bit overwhelming at first, but it isn’t rocket science! 😀 I have my 12 year old grandson doing most of ours this year.
The experts are usually quick to help out too. And free. One case where it isn’t too good to be true. Heh

Good luck! 😀

SouthVirginiaPool

Silver Supporter
Apr 26, 2020
Chesapeake, Virginia
Welcome - due to COVID19 I was unable to hire a pool company for maintenance when my pool was finished this March. That forced me to educate myself and become my own pool guy. This website is a life saver - just keep reading everything here and you will no longer need your pool folks for the routine stuff. Get a TF100 testing kit and don't rely on the pool store testing.