New member here! I'm done with relying on the pool store!

Xuna

Gold Supporter
Jun 19, 2021
Warren Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I am an owner of an in-ground pool that holds 30,000 gallons. The pool is about 18 years old, very well maintained. I have taken down the diving board and slide and will replace them for the grandkids someday. I have always run to the pool store when there was a problem and returning home with chemicals galore to "fix" the problem. I opened late this year. The pool has been opened now for 3 weeks and I have been battling cloudy water. As I usually do, I took a water sample in and got it tested. I was told I had phosphates from the pollen and I had a chlorine demand. Well after 3 weeks of over 80 bags of Burn Out and other pricey items, I decided to drain the pool. I even had the pump and filter checked. The last and only thing that I didn't do was use a Floc, but since converting to a different filtration system a few years ago, I don't have good suction to vacuum. I did everything they told me to do and no improvement at all. So as I was setting up the utility pump to start getting the water out, I decided I have had it and am going to try this on my own. I'm hoping that with this group's help and the PoolMath app, I will have a sparkling pool and more money in my bank account.

Attachments

• IMG_3089.JPG
    IMG_3089.JPG
    685.6 KB · Views: 9
Hey Zuna and Welcome !!!

Read up the ABCs posted above. Ask any questions or thoughts and :

1) your pool *will* sparkle.
2) your money will stay in your possession

This is what we can do for you:

Reactions: Wobblerlorri