New Member from Eastern PA - First Pool

kchinger

Aug 20, 2017
Southeast PA
Hello,

My wife and I are purchasing a home (closing next week!) with an in-ground Anthony and Sylvan pool. We've never owned a pool before. It has been very well maintained according to the pool inspector I got, so I'm hoping to keep that up. The pool house has about 400 different chemicals in it, most of which I'm hoping to get rid of as we change it over to SWG.

I'm mainly hoping to learn about salt water generators, sacrificial anodes (we have a heater I want to protect), and what I can do to run the pool cheaply and safely for my family and young kid.

Looking forward to learning from the experts.

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
HI! What but scary time in your life! You sure have come to the right place to do all you want with your new pool.

When you close on the house do a full inventory of the chemicals you have. We will help you sort through them! It will be like a treasure hunt LOL

Bama Rambler

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2009
SouthWest Alabama
Welcome. :wave:

As Kim said, you've come to the right place. Any chems you have a question about, feel free to ask and if you're unsure what it is, take a picture of the product, container and label and post it here. Someone will likely know what it is and whether to use it or not.