New Member Build in Tennessee

So they are supposed to be pouring the concrete collar around bottom of pool walls today and pour the walk in steps(to be liner covered). They say tomorrow they will start running the plumbing. What should i be on the lookout for as to plumbing. Ive told them I want 2" lines instead of std 1.5". I really don't know what is the "right way" to do it, so any tips on what to look for and insist on? We will have 2 skimmers, 2 main drains, 4 returns, 2 laminar deck jets, plus a water feature return, propane heater, 27" hayward sand filter, 40k hayward salt generator, and 1.5 single speed Hayward super pump. Thanks in advance for your help.

I would try to make sure they give you a decent amount of room between pipes, valves and all equipment so that you have plenty of room to get in there and work on stuff if you need to. For some reason plumbers seem to think putting everything as close as possible is the best way to plumb pool equipment... but it's not.

Before its too late, trying to decide on new stairs. Do we go back with them basically where they were as in the above ground pic? The upper deck will be the 4th wall of the pool fence so the steps would lead right onto pool deck. OR do we move them to the left hand side coming down towards driveway alongside the screened porch? This would land them outside the fence gate. I know its just opinion but having trouble deciding.

They would come right down here from where grill is.

The stairs coming right to the pool could be bad if you have kids or kid like adults---------------RUN as fast as you can down the stairs into the pool weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee splat! :(

I like the idea of them coming from the side (grill area). Lets see if I can make you "see" what I am "seeing".

-come down from the grill THEN a platform/flat deck kind of with the stairs coming off of it towards the pool. I am thinking like a L shape.

Can you see it? Just my idea.........

Kim

The bottom step would end up about 8 ft from pool edge if coming down from center. We are leaning the way you said, down the side. We're just so used to coming down the middle for 10+ years. The side will be more convenient from driveway. The middle seems to be more convenient to pool area, but other than having no gate, not by much. we kinda like having to go thru the gate when little ones are around too. We can always prop gate open when present.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes Kim, we have thought about that too.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Not much happening last few days. Weather and a broken track on the Bobcat! Did get some land cleared behind pool area to make for 2-3 more hours of sunlight and a nice sunset. Back of house faces dead west.

Broken track on Bobcat.

Broken track leads to a rollback tow truck coming to pick up the bobcat after dark, which lead to tow truck getting stuck in the mud, which leads to another tow truck coming to rescue first tow truck. Wish I had a pic of the 2nd tow trucks front end standing straight up in the air while trying to winch out the bigger one that was stuck! They finally got him unstuck but then he didnt even take the Bobcat! Driver said rental place was closed and he had no place to put the bobcat overnight! I guess another one will come try today. At least Im not the one paying that bill!

Tiki hut looking sad and lonely with side rails and outside flooring removed. Its not leaning, pic just makes it look that way. Its about to get lowered so it will be deck level. Pavers will run up to and around bar.

Coping footer and equipment pad getting poured later today.

This shot is from our back deck (which faces dead west) looking across the pool towards the horizon. Nice after sunset sky tonight. This view would have been just a wall of trees a couple weeks ago before we had a dozer do a little clearing. Used to have to be somewhere else to see sunset. This year it'll be awesome! Best $2000 I've spent! :party:

This is before- not exactly the same angle and viewpoint, but close.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.