New liner installed

Marty D

Jun 16, 2016
Quogue new york
We got prices for our new liner but the installer said get rid of the two drains at deep end. Less cuts - less chances of leakers. What’s your thoughts? —. It’s legal to remove drains with the Pentair pump we have.

Newdude

Jun 16, 2019
NY
Hey man. Think of how much brushing you just did with your SLAM. Without them you would have been stuck vacuuming the 9ft deep end that was such a pain. The brushing to the drains helped you considerably. My $.02. :cheers:

Marty D

Jun 16, 2016
Quogue new york
Hey man. Think of how much brushing you just did with your SLAM. Without them you would have been stuck vacuuming the 9ft deep end that was such a pain. The brushing to the drains helped you considerably. My $.02. :cheers:
It was you that showed me to - shut off all skimmers n just leave bottom drain on. Yes - it worked out. Why is the pool installer saying they are useless?

Newdude

Jun 16, 2019
NY
**backstory for everyone else** Marty's pool is ginormous and he has to put on fishing waders to vacuum it all.

The debate rages on if they are worth the risk. Its certainly less risk for the installer. But they were just worth their weight in gold to you, and most years you open with some shade of green. I did everything 'right' this year and i was a swamp with you.

doug wilcox

In The Industry
May 8, 2020
pa
i think they are useless and not worth
the risk or the plumbing or the problems.
i plug them up on renovations or switch
them to inlets for improved circulation.

2 shor videos below

and

doug