New Limestone Coping: Cracks or veins?

debra100

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 21, 2012
Rowlett Texas
I just had my pool redone. They installed Limestone Coping that is beautiful. I have noticed all 4 courners have a hairline crack from the pool edge coming back 8-10 inches.

The Builder told me these are NOT cracks thay are natual stone veins. I do not beleave this is true looking at stone veins in-line.

Can you all take a look at the pictures and let me know your thoughts? I'm worried about the winter
and the stones cracking more. I think the builder is trying to get out of replacing the 4 slabs.

A New Member - Debra

http://s1165.photobucket.com/albums/q591/vz13ws/

here is the link to my pictures I hope this works? Please let me as I'm new to this.

debra100

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 21, 2012
Rowlett Texas
I agree that the stones should not be replaced or, it will look worse. What is making me upset is that the contractor did not even come out to look at the cracks? He told me over a phone call that all natual stone have veins. That they come out of the ground with veins. How would he know these are not cracks unless he was to come out to see them? I did mantion they were hairline cracks..

I researched that if you can feel the crack its cracked - I can't seem to feel the crack when running my fingers over them. I'm hoping this winter in (texas) does not cause more cracking due to extreme weather.

Thank you, All for your help

Debra