New Latham fiberglass off 2 inches

Jdpete11

Oct 31, 2020
WV
Hey guys. New to forum ... install last week... low end is 2 inches below deep end.... no concrete obviously.... should I have them redo this before they get further or will a cap and things make it look better? Haven’t checked with Latham yet to make sure pool is structurally ok and still under warranty with this install 24BFFBCF-951B-4FE3-B478-2EA948F65905.jpeg751D97E5-DB87-4286-93AF-E35388FF4BAF.jpeg

Texas Splash

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
My Viking manual (similar to Latham) states the pool should be within 1/2 of level before removing the crane and beginning the backfill/lock-in process. I found a Latham install guide HERE that confirms 1/2 inch level, or within one inch if using tile for concealment. A Leisure pool install guide HERE is even more critical by saying 3mm above/below the datum reference, so 6 mm total (1/4 inch). I think you have a valid argument to have them come back out and level it properly.

CircaSurvivalist

Jul 7, 2020
Memphis, TN
I had a similar issue with my Latham install. The installer fixed it, or at least improved it to our satisfaction, by removing gravel and using a floor jack to lift up the lowest corner, added some more support. Here’s my Thread to show you what I was dealing with. Bottom line, they should fix this for you

Winger 03

Sep 7, 2009
Frederick County, MD
No way. Have them re-set it. The stringent Leisure guidelines are achievable, don't let them tell you differently. I realize you do not have a Leisure, but that they can suggest such a level pool means it can be done.

Reactions: Jdpete11

jimmythegreek

TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
In The Industry
Aug 10, 2017
Morris Cnty NJ
Industry standard is a half inch plus minus so 1 inch overall. That's easy to do, half inch total ismt hard it's in the base prep and care. Why add tile and hide a flaw unless you want tile

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Regardless of pool size? I thought it was a 1/4" per 10' or something like that.
The industry spec is within 1 inch in 40 feet which is your 1/4" per 10' . But FG pool manufacturers can specify tighter tolerances for their pools.

CPS Reno

In The Industry
Feb 6, 2019
Reno, NV
We install Latham (Viking) pools, let me know if I can help with advice. Yes, that looks WAY out of level and "I" wouldn't leave it like that. What model is that? It's no excuse, but some models aren't that flat/level from the factory.

YippeeSkippy

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
I'm curious as to how they filled it up without first noticing it being off? They filled it slowly, as they backfilled around it, right? Did you ever see them check the level??

That puppy needs to be drained and re-set after they check the base, IMO.

Maddie :flower: