New Jandy Variable Pump and Controller

tppool4809

Oct 5, 2021
Charlotte, NC
We put our pool in 11 years ago when we built our house and our current Jandy 1.5HP pump needs replacing. We are planning to replace with a Jandy Variable Speed epump motor. Duke Energy is offering a $300 rebate to change so the cost isn’t much more than a single speed pump. Our waterfalls work off a separate 1.0 pump and I’ll winterize it at the same time. We run the pool year-round.

My pool company is also recommending that I upgrade my Jandy controller from an older PDA only version to the iAquaLink 3.0, to get the most use out of the new pump and everything can be controlled by a smart phone as opposed to the PDA. The cost to change is significant, but controlling (esp. spa) with iPhone is great. My wife is more pragmatic than I am. However, we are on our 2nd PDA, and they are expensive.

I appreciate any recommendations.

Attachments

• pool 2.jpg
    pool 2.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 5
  • pool 1.jpg
    pool 1.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 6

HermanTX

Gold Supporter
May 20, 2020
Katy TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My pool company is also recommending that I upgrade my Jandy controller from an older PDA only version to the iAquaLink 3.0, to get the most use out of the new pump and everything can be controlled by a smart phone as opposed to the PDA. The cost to change is significant, but controlling (esp. spa) with iPhone is great. My wife is more pragmatic than I am. However, we are on our 2nd PDA, and they are expensive.
I recently upgraded from Jandy PDA to the iQ30-RS which is the iAquaLink 3.0 with latest firmware of T.2. This is both the new antenna and a new PCB for the system. It is a simple PCB replacement and a new antenna. My total cost was $1600 with installation labor (Jandy forces you to purchase from a retailer that does the installation). It took about an hour to install then I had to program everything. Do your set up from a PC (not your phone) for scheduling, assigning valves etc. I only had to use my phone to establish the wifi connection at the equipment pad - then I did everything else on the PC. I am pleased with the automation and it works well.

PoolGate

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 7, 2017
Damascus, MD
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Aside from the price, for sure you won't be disappointed. Make sure you are getting the full IQ30-RS upgrade and not just the IQ30-a upgrade. Once all done, you can either still use or sell your PDA and PDA antenna for $500 plus on ebay. Also with that upgrade you'll get Alexa control of the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread