Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30 Plus
Had my plaster redone with quartz almost 45 days ago. I put salt in at the 30 day mark and ever since then its been using a lot of acid. When I first switched to salt a few years back I had to add 6-8oz a week to get the pH down to 7.6-7.8 and I just attributed this to not using liquid chlorine or tabs. During the 30 day start up I had to add some acid here and there but I was using tabs to chlorinate. Since going back to SWG I have had to add 6-8oz of acid every few days to get the pH down from 8.2 to 7.8. My CSI is awful at pH 8.2. What do you guys think?

I paid my PB to do the acid start (6 days maybe), then I tested and balanced every 2 days or so during start up, then tested nearly every day after switching back to salt to get everything back where I want it. Been back on SWG for 10 days. Here is where I currently stand. Everything is pretty stable except the pH which wont stop rising.
FC 6.5 CC 0
TA 80
CH 375
CYA 70
SALT 3600
PH 8.2 (before adding 8 oz of MA today)
CSI 0.47 currently but at pH 7.8 its 0.09

New plaster needs its pH adjusted daily to start. Then it will slow down to a few times a week and then weekly after several months.

How long are we talking? I thought after 30 days it was pretty much cured. I test concrete at work in an industrial setting and after 28 days it’s generally cured.

It can easily have elevated acid use for a year or more. As I said, it slows down a lot after the first month or so.

I’m having to add 13oz of acid every other day just about. Goes right back to 8.2. It seems excessive to me. The rain isn’t helping either. I’m almost starting to think my acid is diluted or something. It’s the same 30baume I get from pinch a penny. My TA was 80 a few weeks ago, maybe I should retest that with the rain or readjust higher?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.