New Intex T Joint (Leg & Beam Joint) Design

Lomag

Aug 25, 2014
New Jersey
Hi all,

It seems like Intex changed it's T joint design in the 2020 season. The new T joint photos are attached below and appear to be out of plastic. There's always been rust issues with the old T joint design out of metal with the push pins because of the horizonal or vertical metal poles rubbing against the metal T joint eventually scratching off the finish, leading to rust, mostly on the horizontal poles. Metal against metal was never a good idea so now metal against plastic should be better I'd imagine, assuming now that the new T joint plastic is strong enough to last several years and not crack or get brittle?

It seems to me like this new T joint design should eliminate a lot of the old rust problems. What do you think? Does anyone have a newer Intex pool with these newer T joints and still have rust issues from last year?

Attachments

• joint1.jpeg
    joint1.jpeg
    65.3 KB · Views: 3
  • joint2.jpeg
    joint2.jpeg
    57.2 KB · Views: 3

scout123

Bronze Supporter
Feb 18, 2018
Northwest GA
Those look promising, and it'll be interesting to hear how they do compared to the metal. My intex prism frame started rusting at the T joints by the end of it's first season. I'm on season 2, and still that's the only place I see the rust. Would be nice if they improved them so they lasted a bit longer.

Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread