New Inground Pool - In Construction!

Making progress. We are a week away from plaster! Pool equipment will be installed this week, landscaper has taken care of drainage and retaining walls. Robot, check. Test kit, check. Ready for plaster and water!

Attachments

• Concrete Complete 2.JPG
    Concrete Complete 2.JPG
    294.7 KB · Views: 73
  • Pool Tile Concrete.JPG
    Pool Tile Concrete.JPG
    854.2 KB · Views: 77
  • Pool Concrete 3.jpg
    Pool Concrete 3.jpg
    903.4 KB · Views: 74
  • Pool Concrete 2.jpg
    Pool Concrete 2.jpg
    900.3 KB · Views: 75
  • Pool Concrete 1.jpg
    Pool Concrete 1.jpg
    880.8 KB · Views: 71
SWEET!!! I love how you took the tile over on that wall! Really ties it all in! You are SO close to being done!!!!

Since you have all of the equipment and such you can go ahead and fill out your signature! Don't forget to put in what test kit you got!

Remember! When the water starts in the plaster do NOT turn it off until it is full! If you turn it off a line could form on the new plaster.

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm a few weeks in, salt conversion should happen in a week or so. Learning the chemistry, trying to get PH and TA down. Here are some pics of full pool. Rest of the yard landscaping is on hold for now so it's a lovely pool surrounded by dirt.

Screenshot_20200411-105859_Nest.jpg20200322_192737.jpg20200319_183118.jpg20200319_181635.jpgScreenshot_20200319-194958_Nest.jpg

FC 2.5
CYA 70
PH 8.2
TA 150
CH 300

I added chlorine and acid per the above test results. Trying to get PH to 7.2 to deal with high TA, then using the waterfalls to drive PH back up.

Just a quick update, being a new pool owner, I've learned a lot. Still learning.

Pool has been converted to salt and I'm working on dialing in the hours the pump is on and the percentage of the SWG. The initial pool service guy set up the pump to run from 8am to 3pm, 2200 rpms on the pump. I haven't changed this, not sure how much savings a lower pump speed will be and what if any impact pump speed has on skimmer efficiency. Since the rest of the yard isn't landscaped yet (and the fact it's spring), small debris sits on top of the pool. Seems to take forever to get "skimmed" out, if at all. I'm thinking of getting a fine mesh skimmer net to manually remove the debris. It's not excessive, it just messes with the look of otherwise great looking water. Not sure if there is any "tuning" I need to do to the returns, the skimmer, etc.

With the 8am to 3pm, 2200 pump speed, and 21% on the SWG, I'm hitting around 4ppm in chlorine pretty consistently. I'd like to dial that down a bit - better to reduce pump speed or SWG percentage?

I've got the testing down. Here's my latest numbers:
FC - 4
Ph 7.8
TA 80
CH 350
CYA 60
Salt 3800

On the salt, the pool guy was trying to hit 3600. The latest salt test kit measure is 3800, the SWG is showing a 3350 measured salt level. I'm assuming it's probably somewhere in between so I'm not touching it.

I'm surprised how much acid I'm having to add to the pool, but maybe that's just the nature of a new pool. I'm adding about a quart every other day. pH frequently tests at 8.2, drops to 7.6 when I add MA. I've gotten it lower than 7.6, but not often. I was originally doing more MA and using the waterfalls to get the TA down. TA has been stable at 80. Since the SWG was turned on, no other chemicals. Before that, just added bleach - pool guy dialed in the CYA during the initial startup service. I've got MA and baking soda stocked - don't think I'll need anything else.

Bubble solar cover works great, during a warm stretch we got the pool up to 85 degrees. A pain to remove and put on, but it is what it is. We plumbed for solar, but we are waiting till next year to spend money on that. I'm already seeing the value in it.

Warrior SE robot (S200) is working great. I drop it in every 2-3 days. Brushing weekly. I did my initial post construction filter cartridge cleaning but was told I don't need to do it again until end of season (or if PSI pops - it's steady at 5).

ScreenLogic app is working great, even away from home. The LED lights were totally worth the extra cost - nightly light scenes are a nice addition to our still new yard (maybe next year we'll finish landscaping, covid impacts definitely disrupted things).

I welcome any feedback. This forum has been a great resource.

I'm thinking of getting a fine mesh skimmer net to manually remove the debris.
I have one just tha!

Not sure if there is any "tuning" I need to do to the returns, the skimmer, etc.
Did you ever throw ping pong balls in the pool to watch where the returns sends the water?

Something else you can do is run your pump on slow but for longer. Several people run their pumps on low 24/7 during the spring time just so their pools look awesome all of the time. You can tweak your SWG to not run or run a on a lower %.

Listen to your SWG. If it is happy making FC with the salt then let it ride.

'm surprised how much acid I'm having to add to the pool, but maybe that's just the nature of a new pool.

pH frequently tests at 8.2,
Your pool might like a higher pH. Some do.............since your TA is holding so steady I wonder what would happen if you let your pH hang at 8.0 or so...........can't hurt to try it.

Kim:kim:

I'm a few weeks in, salt conversion should happen in a week or so. Learning the chemistry, trying to get PH and TA down. Here are some pics of full pool. Rest of the yard landscaping is on hold for now so it's a lovely pool surrounded by dirt.

View attachment 132322View attachment 132324View attachment 132325View attachment 132326View attachment 132327

FC 2.5
CYA 70
PH 8.2
TA 150
CH 300

I added chlorine and acid per the above test results. Trying to get PH to 7.2 to deal with high TA, then using the waterfalls to drive PH back up.
What color plaster did you go with? The water color is beautiful!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.