New Inground Pool - Heading towards construction

spenserj87

Silver Supporter
Apr 1, 2019
Roseville, CA
I had an earlier post regarding pool design questions, I'm past that and moving towards construction with a builder. I wanted to get feedback on the build before I sign the contract. We are now working with a builder that will do a SWG build. Here are the details:

Pool Size/Features:
26' x 18'
426 sq ft, 93' perimeter
3'6" to 6' depth
16,000 gallons
10' wide by 6.5' deep cabo shelf w/sleeve
Waterline tile
Micro Fusion/Gemstone finish
3 shear water features

Sta-Rite IntelliPro 3HP Pump 10-1663
Sta-Rite System 3 400 Sqft Cartridge Filter 05-254
IC40 SWGC
30amp Pentair Easy Touch sub panel
Screenlogic Com-30-2104

For lights, I'm still debating between a single 500w white light or four Glo-Brite lights (Amp-30-7003). Thoughts?

I can save $1362 if don't have them install their "standard" pool sweep with booster pump (Polaris 280). Seems wise to skip this and buy a robot.

Layout images below, some tweaking still required - pool decking has to tie into existing patio, working with a landscaper to figure that out.

Pool 2.jpgPool 1.jpgPool 3.jpg

Rich D

Bronze Supporter
Aug 3, 2018
MA
pool decking has to tie into existing patio, working with a landscaper to figure that out.
Well... seeing how just 1 minute ago I replied to a thread where the PB set the pool 3" too low that needed to tie into a existing patio 6' away. I would suggest after figuring out what the elevation of pool needs to be, you ask the PB what tolerances he is comfortable with (hopefully he will say 1/8" ) and get it in writing that the pool will be set at elevation xyz +/- 1/8"

There have been several threads were this has happened.

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
Rich,

Looks good to me.. Make sure the EasyTouch comes with built in SWCG power supply.. You really don't need another box hanging on the wall..

Good job on going with a robot..

I have a simple white light and it works fine for me.. That said, I am not a party throwing kind of guy.. If you are, colored lights will have more wow... I, used up all of my wow, several years ago... :mrgreen:

You will love your new saltwater pool...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: thedeadliving5

chazas

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 4, 2007
Manassas, VA
Go with Pentair’s IntelliCenter, it’s their latest and greatest automation. About the same price as EasyTouch/Screen Logic. No reason not to.
My builder’s Pentair rep actively discourages Intellicenter use at this time, says its buggy and problematic. For whatever that’s worth.

thedeadliving5

Jun 6, 2016
Mesa, AZ
Well... seeing how just 1 minute ago I replied to a thread where the PB set the pool 3" too low that needed to tie into a existing patio 6' away. I would suggest after figuring out what the elevation of pool needs to be, you ask the PB what tolerances he is comfortable with (hopefully he will say 1/8" ) and get it in writing that the pool will be set at elevation xyz +/- 1/8"

There have been several threads were this has happened.
My PB missed the elevations due to some confusion with him and the shotcrete team by almost 2.5", he ended up offering to pay half of the cost to have pavers installed on the patio to match up with the pool deck. Lucky me, not so much him :)

spenserj87

Silver Supporter
Apr 1, 2019
Roseville, CA
These are good comments, thanks for the feedback. IC40 power supply is in the EasyTouch panel.

I’ve pretty much decided to go with the fancy colored globrite lights, I just know I’ll regret it if I don’t. Need to keep party light mode a viable option o_O.

Any thoughts on Cabo shelf depth? Builder is suggesting 7” at entry sloped to 8”.