Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Thanks for having me!
Build just completed and the PB is still getting the chemistry straight.

Flat back kidney 18x30 with a 14ft wide 6ft deep end and a Typhoon slide "for the kids". Using an Intellipanel to appease my tech background.

Hoping to learn a lot and save some money while doing so.

Welcome to TFP.

We call the IntelliPanel the IntelliCenter.

What test kit will you be using?

Welcome! :wave:
Joining Welcome Home GIF

Welcome to TFP.

We call the IntelliPanel the IntelliCenter.

What test kit will you be using?

Im actually searching for a good kit right now! I’m seeing a lot of recommendations for the Taylor 2006 kit, but want to make sure whatever I get, tests all the important things.

Reactions: Delta_Kilo
Which tft test kit from that link would you recommend to go along with the 2006 kit?
The K-2006 test kit is one we recommend, however it has much smaller bottle which won't last as long. That is why we say get the K-2006C which has larger bottles. But the TF-100 (link in my signature) also has the larger (Taylor) bottles and is packed independently by Tftestkits.net at a better value. IMO, the TF-100 is the way to go and they have several variations to choose from.

The K-2006 test kit is one we recommend, however it has much smaller bottle which won't last as long. That is why we say get the K-2006C which has larger bottles. But the TF-100 (link in my signature) also has the larger (Taylor) bottles and is packed independently by Tftestkits.net at a better value. IMO, the TF-100 is the way to go and they have several variations to choose from.
Thanks! I’ll research the tf-100 options. I just had my water tested by the PB store and they said “your pool is perfect”. Thoughts, and they didn’t say anything gm about those weekly items regarding the polyquat or clarifier. Are those necessary every week as maintenance, or only when test say they’re needed59EA0C90-0CB1-4A8B-9BB1-901340D06CD2.jpeg

No need for those other products. Save your money. Here at TFP we recommend a higher CYA level about 70) for salt pools to protect the chlorine gas generated. Definitely give some thought to a proper test kit. Pool store testing is commonly incorrect.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support