New House/Pool

tcat

May 30, 2012
Austin, TX
Been living in paradise for about a month now. Never thought I'd buy a house with a pool, the pool was a "perk"... now I wish I had a pool many years back when the kids were small... oh well, now the grand-kids enjoy, and certainly grandpa and grandma love it! And even the critters:

And my Kreepy Krauly:

Flippy

Jan 8, 2011
Richmond, Texas
Nice pool and a really nice view. I too wish I would have bought a house with a pool years ago. We have had our new house a year and half now and we are outside in the pool nightly. Fortunately my kids are still young and will have several years before they start going to college.

h2ctpdjl

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 12, 2008
Indiana
tcat - just curious; what are you using for the "cover" over you pool? I have horrible heat and sun bearing down on the back of my house and pool. My umbrellas just aren't enough. I would be interested in doing that same thing if you can give me some info on it.

tcat

May 30, 2012
Austin, TX
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000S9 ... 00_s00_i00

This brand seems well made. Water "flows" through it so it doesn't get weighted down much. You need real strong mounting points. I have 2 on the house, one to a large oak, and one to a metal extrusion that wasn't strong enough (it bent during a high wind), will be strengthening it soon. THis with my large oaks keeps pool shaded 80% of the day... water has not gone above 84 yet (Austin, TX!), hasn't been below 80.

h2ctpdjl said:
tcat - just curious; what are you using for the "cover" over you pool? I have horrible heat and sun bearing down on the back of my house and pool. My umbrellas just aren't enough. I would be interested in doing that same thing if you can give me some info on it.

chessie6

LifeTime Supporter
May 22, 2010
East Hartford, Connecticut
Oh wow - your pool is beautiful! It's so great to hear of someone buying a home with a pool and loving it - around here, pools are disappearing at an alarming rate. Thank you for posting your photos!
Best,
Jan