New here looking forward to learning

Traviz02

Gold Supporter
Jun 3, 2019
Southeast Missouri
New guy with a new pool. Could see browsing site that I would gain a ton of information so I donated for gold status just now. Looking forward to getting test kit and will post results when it arrives. Pool is looking pretty good at the moment even though I have a faulty salt cell so not making any chlorine— new one will be here Friday.

HI and welcome!! Thanks for supporting the site!! If your pool is looking pretty good now I can't wait for you to see it when we get done with it! It will sparkle so much you will have to wear shades to look at it!!

Please tell me you are adding liquid chlorine each day! Don't want any algae monster finding your pool!!!

Kim:kim:

You have a large pool and your liquid chlorine requirement will depend on the % concentration you are adding. My pool requires 2/3 of a gallon of 10% per day to keep up with summer demand.

forgive me for all the questions that ill probable ask,but how do I know how much to add per day,also once the salt cell is working properly will I still need to add or no ?
Depends on what you chlorine levels are. You make the determination of how much to add using the pool math app. Once your SWG is working and set properly, you shouldn't need to add liquid chlorine unless you need to SLAM.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.