New Here-First post

May 24, 2016
Boynton Beach, FL
Enjoying this forum! Just had my pool redone, plastered April 6, 2019. I have been testing water and attempting my best. First off, my pool is free form shape, 35' feet long, average width of 13.6', average depth of 5'. Spa is 6'9" round, 3' feet deep. I figure approx 18k gallons, am I correct?

Todays readings:
FC: 2.5
CC: 1
pH: 8.2
TA: 120
CH: 175
CYA: 58

I added 36 oz HDX muriatic acid, 5 lbs Clorox Calcium Hardness increaser and 2 lbs Clorox Chlorine stabilizer. Please critique/advise my chemicals and amounts.
Thanks for any input, looking forward to getting this pool dialed in ASAP!!

-Kevin

Kevin, welcome to the forum! :wave: You're on the right track. Using the PoolMath tool, your water should be balanced well based on what you added. I expect your CH to climb to about 210 or so, and the pH should drop a bit below 7.8. I'd focus on keeping that pH at about 7.6-7.7 which keeps your water (CSI) in good shape for that plaster to cure a bit more. I did this assuming a water temp of about 80 degrees.

At the same time, watch that FC and keep it a bit stronger. The last thing you want right now is algae, so beef it up a bit to 4-5 and try not to let it dip below 3. Always refer to our FC/CYA Levels to be sure.

Texas splash, thanks for the quick reply. Is there a way to get my FC up quickly. The SWG has a super chlorinate mode, it will do 100% for 24 hours, should I do that? My pool builder also said don't add calcium for 30 days, due to new plaster, anybody heard of that?
This mornings test results:
FC 3
PH 7.5
TA 120
CH 175
Cya 70
Salt test yesterday was 2610
Temp today 81

Is there a way to get my FC up quickly.
Regular bleach. No Clorox brand, and nothing that says, fabric softener, splashless, or scented. Just plain stuff. Use the PoolMath to calculate your dosage.

As for the CH, I would follow your builder's recommendations for now and through the first 30 days as I suspect that will hold them liable for any warranty coverage. Once they turn the pool over to you for care, you can go TFP 100%. If after that time you still see your FC dropping faster than expected, you might do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to ensure nothing is trying to brew in the water. Here are a some pages that may interest you though as FYI:
Start-up New Plaster - Trouble Free Pool
Recommended Levels - Trouble Free Pool
Calcium Saturation Index (CSI) - Trouble Free Pool

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.