New here and have bought a vacuum that won't fit vacuum outlet.

PoolNewbie66

Nov 26, 2020
Australia
Hi, I'm new here and am having problems with our pool.
We've bought a vacuum for it, but it doesn't fit.
When you take the lid off the hole above the skimmer, the white hole has a 2 or 3 inch little hole, about a foot down, which I presume is the vacuum hole.
It sticks out at right angles near the bottom rather than being on the floor of it.
The vacuum has a t shaped thingy :) and another piece that bends down a bit when you add it on.
It's Aldi brand from Australia.
Is there an extension available, or can you get the hole thing made of plastic redone so it goes down vertically?
Does that even make sense?
I think it's about 30 years old.

Thanks very much😊

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
66, welcome to TFP.

Posting some pics may help folks understand your situation. We need to wait for some of your mates to come along since it sounds like your skimmer is Australia specific. Show us what you have.

mgtfp

Bronze Supporter
Mar 5, 2020
Melbourne, Australia
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Astral VX 7T
Another option is to get a vacuum plate for the skimmer. I plug mine in like that. The advantage of that is that you can leave the skimmer basket in.

In any case, you might need some sort of adapter to make it fit. But you can usually get a vacuum plate with a hole size that fits your hose.

And are you talking about a manual vacuum or a suction side cleaner? These often come with a chunky auto skimmer valve. They are usually designed to fit into a vacuum plate, and not straight into the actual vacuum port at the bottom of the skimmer.