New heat pump arrived with possible transportation damage (Aust)

Youfah Mizzum

Sep 7, 2020
Sydney Australia
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I've just taken delivery of a new Evoheat pool heat pump.
On the packaging box is a tiltwatch sticker which has turned red, indicating that the box has not been kept upright. One of these stickers: TiltWatch XTR | Tilt | SpotSee

I haven't unpacked it yet as I am hoping the vendor will accept responsibility and organise a swap with another unit, and/or organise a qualified & approved technician to come out and inspect the unit to ensure nothing has happened.

What is the actual likelyhood of some damage to the heat pump?

Sorry, I can't answer your question. How long ago was the delivery? It's unfortunate you didn't spot the sticker in time to reject delivery. Now they can say it happened after they left. Did you happen to point it out to the driver? I'd call them right away. The less you wait, the better. Let's hope the pump is OK.

Thanks for all your responses. Sorry for the delayed getting-back!
I had got in touch with the heat pump manufacturer and they basically said if there's no external damage to the exterior cardboard box then all should be OK. And I also double checked with another guy and they also confirmed the same thing.

I only noticed after delivery (in fact I wasn't home when the courier arrived). Happy to read your responses as it just provides further comfort.

Reactions: Dirk
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.