New guy - Timer Question

Mike.T

Oct 16, 2020
Surprise AZ
Morning all just moved into a home with (for me) quite the pool equipment. I guess the previous owners set the timer to run all the time not knowing when we would be moving in. Had the pool guy reset it from 6:00 AM to 2:00 PM. At 11:00 PM the equipment comes on till 7:00 Am my app says it's the cleaner. What the? is that?
Thanks
Mike

Dirk

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Nov 12, 2017
Central California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi Mike, and welcome to TFP. You've come to the right place to get help sorting out all your "new-to-pool" questions. But we need a lot more to go on. Start here, and try to fill in your signature with as much about your pool as you can figure out (equipment and model numbers, etc). Something along the lines of my signature. And then post a few pictures of your pool, and a few of your equipment pad.

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
Mike,

Show us some pics of your Equipment pad... And anything wandering around in the bottom of your pool...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Dirk

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Nov 12, 2017
Central California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
No pics showed up. Are you using this button to post pics, one at a time?

button.png

Dirk

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Nov 12, 2017
Central California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
If you can solve the picture posting snafu, we'll likely be able to be a lot more helpful...

Dirk

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Nov 12, 2017
Central California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Depending on how bad the build up is, you can try yourself or hire a company that can bead blast the tiles clean. Rocks will depend on how bad the build up is and the type of rock. I had all my edge tile done for $400. It was pretty bad when I bought the house. TFP guidelines have kept them mostly free of calcium for the last three years. The haze I'm just now seeing is likely caused by evaporation and not water chemistry. Some of that is unavoidable, unless you scrub everything religiously, which I don't. I think some pool cleaners (robots) can manage that to some degree.