Queensland
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Astral Viron V25
Hi just had a new pool put in and have been doing my research on the chem lvls, test kits and would like to do it all myself after seeing what local pool guys are like around here.

Specs

10000 gall / 40000 litre
Inground Fibreglass
Zx 250 Cartridge filter
Viron 320 xt VS pump
Viron v25 SWG

So my test kit is probably my let down at the moment. Aussie Gold 4 in 1 only tests for FC, acid demand PH and TA.

My pool is clear but I'm in the middle of landscaping my block so it cops a lot of dust. Weekly I vacuum and scrub the pool and daily check my filters on pump and skimmer clearing as necessary. I wash the cartridge filter monthly as it gets a work out at the moment. Pool runs in two 4 hour blocks at about 1400 rpm.

So my checks are today.
PH: 7.8
Acid demand indicated adding 200mls Acid
CL or FC: 2
TA was around 100 mg/l

* I will do another test tomorrow and take a sample to a shop for the others as i have no indication.

I am hesitant at this point to play too much with the water chemistry, don't want to be chasing my tail on it all.

I have the app as well as have looked at the links for pool abcs and correct lvls to familiarize myself.

Keen to learn and I think my pool is at a good starting point would like to get to know you all and be a gun at all things pool.

Welcome to the forum!
Your best bet on a quality test kit is from Clear Choice Labs. They are based in Australia and understand quality testing and TFPC methods.
Keep at least 5 ppm FC in your water until you know what your real levels are. Have you added any CYA?
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Cya helps keep FC stable right? And cya lvls determine FC lvls.

My test kit only goes to 3 for CL or FC.

No I haven't added anything yet since the pool was handed over a few weeks ago.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.