New from the Idaho panhandle

Dec 29, 2018
Sagle, Id
Hello all,

Where to start?

Two years ago we bought our retirement house, still waiting to retire, acquiring the built in 1988 added pool. 10K with tons of issues. Local Pool guy took out all the manual pumps and valves replacing with automation. Started with a spa as part of the pool and have since demoed the spa out and rebuilt the wall. Still fighting a tiny leak near the skimmer. Replaced spa outdoors.

I am a big DIY type building everything from two complete houses to repairing cars, snowmobiles, boats and motorcycles. I have 30 plus years repairing big airplanes and am a licensed Air frame and Power plant mechanic. I have worked on 6 of the 7 continents having missed Antarctica and in most countries that have commercial air service. Today I manage the repairs with some of the best, most dedicated talent in the world.

We have had hot tubs for 20 years and have slowly worked away from pool supply stores and into readily available bulk products as I figure them out. Finally found this site which brought it all together for me while trying to figure out how to raise PH without Alk.

Pool will be drained after Christmas with the grandson's to fix a few areas of ecofinish and I will set up with only TFP calculations to see how it goes.

Happy New Year to all.
Bill

BILL! You are going to LOVE it here! This is right what you need to have a purrfect DIY pool!

Have you seen this link yet? Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals (thinking you have but want to make sure).

Have you looked into a good test kit? Here is a link to compare them: Pool School - Test Kits Compared I will tell you I think the TF-100 is best bang for buck as it has more of the regents we use most often.

So what is going on with the finish? How are you thinking of fixing it?

Kim:kim: