New from Maryland - pump working but no action

Dray

May 26, 2019
La Plata, MD
Hi guys! New to the pool world and can't figure out why pool us not working. Help!! This is the first time I'm opening a pool. I have a Jandy pool equipment with phpm 1.5 pump. Pool was winterized. I removed the plugs from the side of the pool and from both skimmers (5 total). Then filled pool above halfway point of skimmer, then retrieved the plugs that was inside pump, screwed both into the pump, primed the pump by using hose for about 4 minutes; opened both skimmer and main valves. Turned on pump and it suck out the water and currently in it and no water is being sucked from the pool. Nothing coming out of both pool skimmers or jets. The push pull filter is in filter mode, but I can't get the handle down to lock it in place because it's too tight. Also checked both skimmers and pump basket and impeller for debris which there was none. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20190526_110033.jpg
    20190526_110033.jpg
    615.2 KB · Views: 12
Welcome to the forum!
Check the pump basket lid and drain plug gasket/orings. Lube them with pool lube.
Your one 3 way valve on the suction side has closed off one line. Is that the main drain or a skimmer?

I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Pool School eBook.

I have a jandy pool equipment and don't know why pool is not working correctly. Pump only sucked up the water that I primed it with. It's not pulling water from skimmer or main drain. Opened pool for first time. It was winterized. I removed all plugs from side of pool and both skimmers, then filled pool above halfway point of skimmer, then removed stored plugs from the pool pump and screwed them into pool pump, then primed pool about 4 minutes with hose. Opened skimmer and main valves, checked skimmer baskets, pump basket and impellar for debris, which there was none. Pull push jandy filter was in filter position, but it's hard to go up and down it's too tight and can't get it in locked position. Any help would be greatly appreciated

My equipment pad is several feet higher than pool level, which makes priming difficult. I use a Drain King, stick it in the skimmer and let it run until it fills the skimmer line and pump basket. Then I pull it out and quickly turn the pump on.

I have 2 skimmer valves and cannot closed both at the same time with the 3 way valve. Let me know If there's a way to close simultaneously
You know what? I'm looking at the picture, and you have a check valve before the pump. When you fill it up, no water should flow to the pool so you don't need to shut any valves. Just ignore that.

How long do you let it run? My pump can take 20-25 seconds to get going good, and that feels like a long, long time when you're standing there watching.

Since my water level at the skimmer is already more than half way above the skimmer line, isn't the water in the skimmer already filled and should nearly reach the skimmer line and pump basket. Still trying to understand the system.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.