New Fiberglass Pool first test results

Usaf140

May 13, 2020
North Carolina
Hello all,

Been lurking on TFP for quite a while while waiting for our fiberglass to be installed. They just filled the pool yesterday and here are the results of my first test using the TF-100 assuming I am doing ever right:

FC: 2.5
CC: 2.5
Ph: 7.5
TA: 40
CH: 250
CYA: Less than 20

Thoughts?

Welcome to TFP and congrats on the new pool. :wave: Even better, having TF-100 results right away. :goodjob: So, first order of business is ensure the CYA is a bit higher for your SWG. The SWG may not be on yet because of the need to add salt and wait 24 hrs, so if you are treating the pool as a non-salt pool for now, that's fine. Hopefully the salt is in a dissolved. But you will want at least 70 ppm of CYA for a salt pool which helps your hold chlorine better. Perhaps increase by about 40 ppm just to ensure you don't over-shoot your goal. Watch the FC and don't let it fall any lower. Monitor pump run time and output % to maintain the proper FC level. See FC/CYA Levels. Your TA is a bit low. Some baking soda with a TA goal of 60 should be fine for now.

That's where I would start them simply monitor for a few days. Enjoy your new playground. :swim:

Is anyone else surprised that CC level is 2.5 on a pool just filled yesterday?
Oh man, I blew right over that one. :hammer: Are you sure about that CC test? Did you do it immediately after the FC test? Anything unusual compared to the instructions? Did you use the FAS-DPD powder and drops?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.