New Fiberglass install in Clarksville TN (Dig started Nov 16, 2020)

It’s filling up! They want me to cut off the water when one foot gets in the shallow end. The VS pump is the VS700 and the pool holds 19,250 gallons. My test kit arrived today and robot arrives tomorrow. 60099B7A-6DDD-4896-A64B-7A479DF6850E.jpeg05F5ED76-6DAE-4C9F-AE6A-FDAF1E3B4358.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Snoobug and Newdude
Are they planning to do the plumbing with flex pipe instead of rigid? I see a roll of the wrong type material against the fence.

A lot of FB pools come from the factory with the flex schedule 40 pre-installed. The specs on the pool installation from the manufacturers call out "schedule 40", which the flex is, just not the rigid most are used to seeing in pool builds. The flex seems to be a popular option with FB pool installs vs rigid and while I know there are a lot who are against it, I've also seen a lot of information from respected people in the industry (even on this site) who think this is fine. I don't mean to get into a debate about the merits of flex vs. rigid, but in this build, seems a good choice.

As SPD500 mentioned, it is one of the biggest things for a FB shell drop is to check that level a few times. Once water gets in it, there is a lot of work to get it back right if it isn't now.

Love to see the crane installation. It was quite a day around the neighborhood when mine got dropped, and is exciting to see here as well. Must be very exciting now!

Reactions: Apsuhead
So when filling as instructed yesterday to their desired water level, the pool started to bulge on one side. I stopped the water. As you can see in the pics, it wasn’t supported enough on one side. The PB is emptying the water level down so they can try to correct the problem. 😭
07877A98-6A88-439D-AC62-7BE0BE055490.jpeg3668757E-C637-48FA-9CDF-5110A0EDCD03.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: kimkats
why would they brace the insides? I would think that would only need bracing if the bottom wasn't on flat hard ground.

why would they brace the insides? I would think that would only need bracing if the bottom wasn't on flat hard ground.
I believe they put that brace on there to make sure the sides don’t lean inwards as the are backfilling the pool. I had the opposite problem, the pool didn’t have proper backfill as the water was added and the walls started pressing outward. The brace fell in the pool and one wall started to bow outwards. PB drained one foot of water and then added backfill and that corrected the problem thank goodness. They are taking $100 off my bill for the extra water. They backfilled more today and want me to add water until there is 2 ft in the shallow end. They also had a guy buffing the top edge of the fiberglass today and fixing any imperfections. I haven’t gotten home to see it yet. 👀

Yes, I was sick last night when I got home and saw it. Hopefully it won’t be noticeable when the pool is complete. My pool robot came today and I have my test kit ready to go. The PB is going to work Monday and Tuesday and then take off the rest of the week for Thanksgiving. Hoping we don’t get much rain while the yard is a mess.

• Sad
Reactions: kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It is slightly noticeable to me. The side of my pool isn’t a straight line, it is a slight “V” shape which helps it to not stand out as much. But I can tell it’s a slightly different “V” shape from the other side of the pool. Before and after pics ...

Before : on top (bulging)
After : on bottom (after fix)
FB9FD30D-93D9-4B48-9779-3CDABB518F04.jpeg

Last edited:
The PB backfilled ours about halfway up the day they dropped it in. As they were backfilling we started filling.
A free form pool seems to be a little different from a square one.

Here was the last picture before the bulging problem. Just as we were starting to fill. They had lots of backfill on the front and back, but not on the sides. Now that I have filled the pool up most of the way today, I want to measure the water level from top at each corner.
F6861AA0-BA74-4EE1-B5DD-9212FA178916.jpeg

Here was the last picture before the bulging problem. Just as we were starting to fill. They had lots of backfill on the front and back, but not on the sides. Now that I have filled the pool up most of the way today, I want to measure the water level from top at each corner.
View attachment 169338
If you have to measure the water l
View attachment 169338
Looking good! If you have to measure to determine if it's level, it's got to be really close! I think when they set mine they said it was withing 1/4". I'm sure yours will be great too.

Here are the measurements from the waterline at each corner. The corners in the deep end are pretty equal at 19 inches. The shallow end corners are 19.5 and 18.5 inches. The side that was bowing is lower at 18.5.
16B97A1D-7867-47B0-9381-56A738D099D8.jpeg
You can see the waterline at the 2nd step is slightly uneven.
FBD215E8-01CC-40BF-849E-8A58C305A280.jpeg

I had my fireman buddy from down the street come look at my extra dirt and grading today. He has my exact pool from the same PB in my neighborhood. He said he has some friends who can take care of my dirt from the rough grade and make a perfect volleyball court for my daughters. They can use their skid steers and get a nice finished grade when the pool is complete. That eases my mind on that part. He said his pool is slightly off level as well but he can only tell when the water is near the rope eyes. He just uses the pucks but I am trying to convert him to a SWG and VS pump 😎
I am anxious for the install crew to arrive tomorrow and see what they get done the next 2 days before the Thanksgiving break. I wish I could get lawn strawed before family and dogs arrive for the holiday. It’s going to be a muddy mess 😀

Reactions: Nikilyn
PB worked this morning and it appears they got backfill complete. It looks like they ran plumbing and also added the skimmer. My daughter sent me this pic ...
540C5D63-15D0-4E4D-90E1-CA2B0095EB72.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.