New Fiberglass install in Clarksville TN (Dig started Nov 16, 2020)

Just ordered the TF-100, speedstir, and salt strips ... thanks!
For the robot ... the Pentair Warrior SE – $699 from Marina looks like a good option and Pentair appears to have a rebate. Is that a good choice?

Reactions: kimkats
For the robot ... the Pentair Warrior SE – $699 from Marina looks like a good option and Pentair appears to have a rebate. Is that a good choice?
She suggested the same thing for us ad we have been running it for the past week. So far it seems like it will be a great fit for us, it collects all of the leaves that make it into the pool, and does a good job with sand and finer debris that gets tracked in by the dogs throughout the day. It does "try" to get up the steps but I have to brush them once a day to keep them clear. Going up the walls it does a good job of climbing, but only moving in one direction. It has a booster jet that helps it climb, so it only climbs well when it is facing down.

Reactions: Apsuhead

I like the things that make pool ownership a little easier. I have the speedstir and love it, makes the daily/weekly testing so much easier. I actually ordered a few extra magnetic stirrers, so when I'm testing, each vial gets its own magnet, and don't have to clean between the tests. Low cost, but makes the speedstir even that more valuable for me.

I have the Pentrair Prowler 920, but read good things about the Warrior SE. You will really enjoy it for an easy vacuum. My Prowler also doesn't get up the steps real well, but it does all the walls great. A little brushing on the steps is no big deal for me, the robot does most of the work anyway.

Thanks! We are lucky with the big backyard and privacy fence that was already here when we moved. It also has a big double gate that the equipment can get through easily. I’m glad we didn’t put the pool right up against the house. I moved it back in the yard with the advice I got here and from my PB, and I really like it now that it’s being installed. This is my template I made for my plans. I’m putting the equipment pad in the back corner. I going to build a little roof and and privacy fence barrier to hide it back there. 2DF25E11-C979-4E9C-BE31-709E935C99F0.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks good! Our pool isn't really up against the house, we built on an outdoor kitchen that took up half of the yard before we ever even considered a pool. Our plan was to move to something on the lake and we ended up staying here instead. We love the house and the neighborhood, so when we saw the increase in prices for waterfront we just couldn't justify it. Taxes would kill us when we retire

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I think it's a great choice. We've been very happy with our Pentair Warrior SE since we got it last February. Your pool is coming along!

PB finished digging yesterday, and they are putting the gravel base down this morning. They will set the pool at 9 am tomorrow morning. 😀
6D9DA217-6E5B-471C-8BAA-607D1D8A1522.jpegA8AEBCBD-7048-434E-A4A0-5290DF4B32F3.jpeg

Also, a few other things.
It looks like the corner of the pool shell is damaged at the bottom of the pic, what are they doing about that, or is it just the way it looks?

Are they planning to do the plumbing with flex pipe instead of rigid? I see a roll of the wrong type material against the fence.

It looks like the corner of the pool shell is damaged at the bottom of the pic, what are they doing about that, or is it just the way it looks?

Are they planning to do the plumbing with flex pipe instead of rigid?

I noticed that spot too in the pics, here is another angle. My wife just looked and said it appeared to be excess material that needed to be trimmed off.C4AC39C3-862D-456A-BB40-123DB3CBC5CA.jpeg

They are only using the flex pipe from the bottom main drain up to the surface it seems. I had a picture of that when they started hooking up my light. E86FAB30-F63B-4E78-95A2-C541FDEA14FE.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.