New(er) user here with questions about the Pool Math App

Jul 5, 2013
Antioch, Il.
Hello, I signed up here a while ago and have been mostly lurking, absorbing as much information as my ADHD mind will allow. I recently installed the Pool Math App for Android and I'm not having an easy time using it. I have filled in the basic info the app requires such as pool size, bleach container size and percentage etc, etc. I did my initial tests, the app made recommendations and I had it record the data.

That was a week ago, but since then I can't figure out how to have it update. For example: my beginning TA was way high at 160. My PH was 8.0. Entered the initial test data. Ok fine. I then added the recommended amounts of muriatic acid and brought PH down to 7.2 and recorded the data. But every time I've done this and enter new data Pool Math still shows data from the first entry a week ago. I should be seeing several entries since I started. What am I doing wrong? This app is driving me nuts! LOL

In the app, after entering your test data, touch the check mark in the upper right. It saves the test data. Always use the check mark to save your data in any screen you see it.

Thanks for replying. Ok so when I go to enter my test data I press the "New Log" icon. There is nowhere else to enter data that I can find. Then it says "Log New..." and I select "Test Results". It then says "Premium Subscription Required"....and I'm back to square one. Do I need to pay just to have my test data kept current?

To store your data you must pay to subscribe to the app. If you want to use it for one test to calculate your needs, you can do that for free. But no data is stored.

That was my suspicion. I should have scrolled down to the bottom of the app page on Google Play Store and read the "Premium Subscribers" part, which I admit I didn't do. I had read just enough of the description before deciding it was something useful. My bad.
Thanks again...and subscribed!

Reactions: mknauss
Great. Share your data if you would like us to be able to see your results easily if you have any questions.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You need to sign into the app with the same details you use to sign into the forums in order to allow your test results to be shared and show in the forums.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.