New dude with intex 12x24 ABG with SWG

daoffroadnut

Oct 3, 2020
San Diego, CA
Last week I started a thread in the ABG section about finally setting our intex 12x24 pool with included SWG, love the pool, me and fam been in it a bunch already. I've done a lot of reading on this site to make sure i'm following the process correctly.I'm looking for advice to make sure i'm on the right track or need to adjust some things. No worries all tests have been done by me (not pool store) using my K2006C kit with SALT kit. One thing i'm worried about is every day I come out and see this greenish redish material on the seams of the liner pic's attached, I vaccum it and it comes back next day. The following samples are after the pump and SWG ran for 7 hours today before we did get in. i did put in 18 oz of chlorine to make up for it being 3.4 and should i be concerned about the TA?

FC 3.4
PH 7.6
TA 180
CYA 60 (more mid 50s)
CH 250
SALT 3400
TEMP 82

Attachments

• 20210807_133916.jpg
    20210807_133916.jpg
    353.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210807_133853.jpg
    20210807_133853.jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 3
TA not a big issue; as you lower pH with MA, the TA will go with it.
Your FC is riding very low - that may very well be algae you’re seeing. Can you crank up the SWCG higher or run longer?

An OCLT to see if it’s algae would be step 1 after raising FC.

So yesterday afternoon before we got in the pool I was able to get the FC up to 5 by adding a little chlorine and brushed the pool. This morning I checked FC as the pump started at it was at 4.2, will recheck after pump finish it's runs, SWG is currently set for 7 hours.

So yesterday afternoon before we got in the pool I was able to get the FC up to 5 by adding a little chlorine and brushed the pool. This morning I checked FC as the pump started at it was at 4.2, will recheck after pump finish it's runs, SWG is currently set for 7 hours.
Tonight, once the sun is not hitting the pool, raise the FC and leave SWCG overnight then test again before sunlight hits the pool again. This can confirm if you have organics growing or not - but given you're seeing debris, it's likely.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.