New DE filter grid pressure starts at 25

stevenwonger

May 30, 2020
Boston, ma
Hi,

Last time friend of TFP, but first time posting.

I have a DE filter system for an 30k gallon inground pool. DE filter sytem is Natalus NSS-48.

Starting to open the pool this year, noticed old filter grid is worn out, so I purchase an entire new filter element grid and drop into the filter tank. However, when the filter is turned on, the pressure shoots up to 25 psi even without charging DE. The pressure continue to climb to almost 30 in a few mins. Tried to charge with DE, backwash, rinse, reassemble many times and same thing.

I even tried to put the worn out grid (cloth ripped) to test for blockage. The worn grid gives me 10 psi with strong stream in all return outlets. I think this means there are no blockage, correct? Recirculate is also strong.

I am out of idea! Is the new filter grid defective? please advise.

Thanks,
Steven

You sure you got the correct grids? What part number did you order? Where did you buy it from?

Post pics of your old and new grids.

Thanks for replying. I bought this grid (picture) and it looks exactly the same between the old and the new. I checked the filter model number in the web site and it claimed it fit my model. I even tried using the old top manifold but same high pressure result. I thinking about soaking these new grids with filter cleaner or something tomorrow.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    142.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 2.png
    2.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 3
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.