New Cover Flapping

Zwrickers

Jun 21, 2019
Louisville KY
Hi, this is my first close. Using a brand new solid cover for round 27' AGP. Secured as directed but the cover is really flapping up in the Indiana wind.

Are you supposed to roll the excess cover higher up on the sides before securing, OR, use that saran-wrap stuff that I've seen so wind can't get under the cover and blow it up? My vinyl liner is very old and brittle too, and I'm worried what damage might come from a flapping/slapping cover. I THINK I have the right amount of slack. Can you please check?

Thanks,
Kristin

1572537507276.png 1572537530959.png 1572537643793.png 1572537830148.png

Attachments

• 1572537564654.png
    1572537564654.png
    453.8 KB · Views: 4
Hi Kristin! Since no one has replied yet, I wanted to get this going. I've seen owners use various methods to secure the extra cover flap on the sides. Bungee cords, attached/suspended milk jugs, saran wrap, and others. So whatever works best for you to keep the wind from getting up & under that material. Something else you may want to watch ... the water building on that cover. You may want to look into a small cover pump that is designed to keep the water (weight) from getting too heavy. At some point, if it gets heavy enough it could effect the pool walls or simply collapse into the pool itself. Hope that helps. Have a nice day.

This is my first year, so I'm not an expert, but I don't trust just the cord and wench. I got a big pack of bungee cords, filled a bunch of our empty chlorine jugs with pool water, and hung them from the rungs. I also got the Little Giant and the nozzle attachment to keep the water from pooling too much. We've had a few rain storms and so far so good. Fingers crossed!

I had also bought some spring clamps to help secure it, but they didn't work with the jug method for me. I think that's an either/or thing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.