New construction in St. Louis, MO

Jul 7, 2012
We started about 3 weeks ago. There’s been a ton of rain so we’re not making a lot of progress. Hopefully this week will be better. Doing a liner pool - about 35k gallons. This is our second pool install. I can’t believe we’re doing it again. ?

Will post more pics as it comes along. 105752105753105755

I’m in the St. Louis area(Illinois side). Still researching our best option. Are you doing this yourself? My wife just had a rep from Kayak come out that quoted us on burying one. Seems awfully pricey
We are using Prestige Pools this time. We had a bad experience with our last pool builder. PM me if you’re interested in more info on our contractors.

We have had so much rain! They finally were able to get the bottom in between storms. Hoping to have liner in this week. They finished the bottom on Friday. They are calling for possible storms tonight. Do we need to do anything to protect this?
1090325A318354-143E-44F6-92CB-F76BF0BD40EB.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We have a liner, water, and equipment running. Concrete pour should be in the next 2 weeks. I do have one question. Occasionally I see bubbles coming out of one jet. It’s not all the time, but periodically, like every few hours. When I first saw it I assumed some sort of leak but then the fact that keeps coming and going is making me wonder. Any thoughts? We do have a salt chlorinator.

A68FDE37-D4A7-4C6B-BF12-BC9DEDE8C4D3.jpeg

Bingo! It’s the SWCG creating the bubbles. No worries. Things are looking great! So close!! If I had to guess, its the return closer to the equipment pad with the bubbles.

This looks great! How did they secure the plastic to the sides of the pool? I assume it was to keep the water clean while they were doing something? When we had our coping sealed it made a bit of a mess in the pool, so am curious.

I love your pool!

We have concrete. They got the coating on the pool deck but still need to add color to the coping. Fence going on Monday. This process takes so long!!!

View attachment 115969

View attachment 115970

This looks great! How did they secure the plastic to the sides of the pool? I assume it was to keep the water clean while they were doing something? When we had our coping sealed it made a bit of a mess in the pool, so am curious.

I love your pool!
I’ll check and let you know. The coping is just cantilevered concrete and then they are coating the grout lines and stone pattern over. When they did the concrete they taped forms to the liner and left adhesive all over it. ?

We have concrete. They got the coating on the pool deck but still need to add color to the coping. Fence going on Monday. This process takes so long!!!

View attachment 115969

View attachment 115970

I’ll check and let you know. The coping is just cantilevered concrete and then they are coating the grout lines and stone pattern over. When they did the concrete they taped forms to the liner and left adhesive all over it. ?
They did tape it. So far, I don't see any additional adhesive on the liner, but the inside of the pool is a total mess after the coating, so I guess we'll see once I get in and have a chance to feel around. Unfortunately, the plastic wasn't perfect. I guess it kept 80% or so out of the pool, but we also had torrential rains while it was in there, so I'm sure that washed a bunch of stuff into the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.