New Construction in SE Pennsylvania

Looking very nice! You just beat the freezing weather as well :) We have another friend locally that is about to shoot this week as well.

Wow very nice! What SWCG did they spec for you? Jandy has 2 (40k models). If it is the FusionSoft that is fine it is a great SWCG just don't use or install the mineral cartridge but the SWCG portion of it works very well. See my sig line that is what I have. I would also suggest you fill out your sigline now with what you know.

Noted! I don't have the specific details on my equipment just yet, but I did update my signature for now. I'll try to find out. Thanks.

Back again.. got some plumbing done a few weeks ago so I thought I'd share some pictures. I took some of these from the roof since I was up there hanging Christmas lights.

99V2laF.jpg

GdECh1U.jpg

Usw366J.jpg

fI0u821.jpg

Wow looks great! BTW: If you get the Zodiac IQ20-RS kit (NOT the "A" kit) you will add full web access to your system. I added it to mine it is a 10 minute upgrade but you should do it before you program as it requires re-programming once you swap the board. Programming from the PDA is absolutely horrible you really want this upgrade!

rapodHOAaUvrZ0kl3rJDQ1DVngLLmHg9yoTeX8421ukya_GQYgWXmcq5FSjnGE2z_F9EHEt4j7c-ifeITYxN3elEOufHQ1ojL2YD1BXP12vkaeR0WNxCLtw72jFP5ChDJXqadIq00OuZ3HU18i8lN3xV2KiiPNT7_pKv7PpZHP5KtK0waNNDlGg1uLSxnvb3FbRHfwGb74Xq_DOsFV8yB-1a_TcHPxI5ZetT7fMP-lMSWftwf6EobdZyv-C5C4WKZbHDRbIqdpn1-5Rdsn7xZOidT3NtlVT2QzJH4IUgzc2nOm986xd5WRbJpm6xsLvjLRjiaMA6dT1kHQTjVJXwT56CHo58IxlJTnLX1Rf_xXP3pDi3-Y2FiuYnM4qwJN7VoH00e4wzhTFY56qWx7jzvoNJPrpcu44CqTA2-WiNTVWOxs9jS5S811AzQg4MSOST0mlLfWV0_v4lB7FIw_a7lTp_hdnVeSmCNsibcDGRGRJsSaUkps8eYCUEpNchbvOBhDIYuLwxW7hP9U13Ru9dhXk9Y_9WNlAnuNDfkFkZcoHNBXMLQOJvchj5jYaPt9GyYbjC01_jCmF-fbeYF1Brb8LO7Fc95OjY9210NuXxwBjx7jDUyuIoxedXFl2C6vRyq1_0X467n-gPea4E511m-hDu6XlS-7L7SmMjmVqzyymj7JHRb9FLdqonLNmJuS8QE4yHZSKK6binJCdHNg=w534-h948-no

No more progress yet since it's winter, but I did have a question that I was wondering if anyone could answer. Due the slope of my yard, on the backside of the pool by my bench I was originally going to have the pool wall be exposed and stucco'd where, to help with grading. I decided to not have the PB do this and was going to just put in a large retaining wall, but after getting quotes for the wall I am kind of wondering if I made the wrong decision.

My question is, can the pool wall still be exposed and stucco'd, or is it too late since the wall was not made to be thicker in this area? I am not sure if they were going to make it thicker/reinforce it for this purpose originally. Just curious if anyone has an idea of this or is ITT and knows concrete better than I.

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_4855.jpg
    IMG_4855.jpg
    511 KB · Views: 27
Retaining walls are crazy expensive. I would talk to your builder and see what they say. I can't imagine them making the wall thicker though just because it will be exposed.

should be same strength and thickness. you can do a stone veneer for cheap or cover w stucco, etc and just grade away from the wall and simply cap that area. I dont know how far back your lot goes but you could also just grade a hill down away from coping once its in, wont look bad ive seen it done

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Not pool work technically but part of the overall project. I am getting some of my deck posts removed to open up the area a bit since my pool is so close to the deck. I went with 8x8s with trim on the ends. They aren't done just yet but I thought I'd post a before and after to show what I'm trying to accomplish.

I am not sure how I missed the fun build! Looks like you are spending your money just fine so I will jump in to share how to get the best plaster job so it will last a good, long time:

Trouble Free Pool
Trouble Free Pool
Ten Guidelines for Quality Pool Plaster Best one of all
Not All Color Pigments are Good for Pools How to pick a good color for plaster.

Kim:kim:

Thank you! I will take a look at the articles. There are some great resources on this site!

Attachments

• Posts Before.jpeg
    Posts Before.jpeg
    653.9 KB · Views: 51
  • Posts After.jpeg
    Posts After.jpeg
    643.8 KB · Views: 51
That's a great idea on the posts. You will enjoy that openness. When we built a pavilion by the pool, we went with about a 19' clear span versus having a middle post and love it.

I love, love, love your house!! That is a great idea to open that are up like that. So what did they do? I see a new header board the new posts are attached to . Why a new one? I love how "fancy" then new posts are!

I love, love, love your house!! That is a great idea to open that are up like that. So what did they do? I see a new header board the new posts are attached to . Why a new one? I love how "fancy" then new posts are!

So the new posts have a 3 piece trim so they ARE a little more fancy (the bottom trim is being held up by tape until the patio is built for now). The reason they replaced the header/beam is to support the deck weight. They replaced the old one with this engineered beam that is strong enough to hold the weight. I also had them change it to 8x8s instead of 6x6s on the ends just for aesthetics.

Here is a completed pic of the posts. Don't mind my lovely pool of mud water next to it. I also wanted to get some opinions for color of my patio. I will be doing Kool Deck, and with the color of my coping along with the current color of my deck I wanted to see what everyone thought would look the best. I didn't go gray coping because my house is "Ash" color and my deck is a gray as well, so I didn't want gray overload for my entire backyard. Here is a pic of Kool Deck samples against my coping.

IMG_6367.jpg

IMG_6265.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.