New cell question

BPool18

Jun 14, 2018
Cincinnati, OH
I installed a new aqua rite t-9 cell.

Initially board was reading 2000 salt (verified using my treat kit I should be at 3200).

It gave me the check salt/inspect cell and wouldn’t run.

I did the instant salinity test a few times over 5-10 minutes (I’d reset to OFF, then back to auto). Each time it would peak at 2800 and then steadily increase the average amount. I stopped when the board read 2600 as I got no warning lights.

But...I’m still 600 off - how do I correct that?

You can't calibrate the Hayward SWG. The average will drift off again depending on the instant readings.

Is it correctly set to a T-9 cell?

I have had similar discrepancies with my Hayward SWG. You just have to make sure the SWG is happy even if the test kit reads higher. And keep an eye that the difference stays basically the same.

You can't calibrate the Hayward SWG. The average will drift off again depending on the instant readings.

Is it correctly set to a T-9 cell?

I have had similar discrepancies with my Hayward SWG. You just have to make sure the SWG is happy even if the test kit reads higher. And keep an eye that the difference stays basically the same.

Thanks

Yes. Sent to t-9.

So what qualifies happy? Above 2500 on the board and as long as its producing?

Why is that occurring - is the salt reader sensor bad or something? Crazy to me you can’t do anything about this.

2600ppm and under you will get a low salt warning, but it will still generate
2300ppm and under it will stop generating with a very low salt warning.
Ideally you want the salt up around 3200ppm

The Hayward cell estimates the salt level from a table look up based on the amps sent through the water and the water temperature. Those are the only 2 readings. Reduced amps could be due to damage or age of the metal plates or scale on the plates. Or just manufacturing defect? I first cell out of the box did not match my Taylor test kit.

2600ppm and under you will get a low salt warning, but it will still generate
2300ppm and under it will stop generating with a very low salt warning.
Ideally you want the salt up around 3200ppm

The Hayward cell estimates the salt level from a table look up based on the amps sent through the water and the water temperature. Those are the only 2 readings. Reduced amps could be due to damage or age of the metal plates or scale on the plates. Or just manufacturing defect? I first cell out of the box did not match my Taylor test kit.

The cell is brand spanking new. I think it’s unrelated, but the breaker keeps tripping as well (could be due to some water got in the panel from a rainstorm). Last I checked, it climbed up to 2800...but still 400 short.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.