New Build - Texas

agjag06

Jul 30, 2019
Texas
Been lurking for a while and excavation is scheduled for 9/3. Gonna share my build.

Spa: Round, 7' diameter, raised 18" with 11' spillover, 1.5 HP air blower, 6 jets, 1 LED Pentair Intellibrite

Filter: Pentair Clean and Clear Cartridge 520
Filter Pump: Pentair Intelliflo VS 3HP
Spa Spillover Pump: Pentair Whisperflo 1HP
Water Feature pump (2 Scuppers, 2 Bubblers): Pentair Whisperflo 1HP
Heater: Pentair MasterTemp 400k
Chlorinator: Pentair 300 (I know, I know) plan to do liquid chlorine for now and maybe SWCG in the future
2 Skimmers
Directional inlet returns to pool 5, spa 2
Refill line
2 drains in pool, 2 in spa
2 LED intellibrites in pool
Automation: Pentair EasyTouch with Screenlogic

Attachments

agjag06

Jul 30, 2019
Texas
Dig completed on Tuesday and rebar and stub-out on Wednesday. Hopefully, inspection today and gunite tomorrow. Followed Kim's advice and already double-checked all the measurements. The subs did a great job. Wife and I can't decide on where to position the bubblers on the shelf. We think it will look best at 1/3 and 2/3 of width, but that means we can't fit two chairs between them. On the other hand, would we even want the bubblers on when relaxing in a chair....

Attachments

agjag06

Jul 30, 2019
Texas
Does the line go through the gunite? Or does it sit at the top of the gunite under the coping like it was pushed down into the gunite after spraying?

agjag06

Jul 30, 2019
Texas
Passed rebar inspection and got equipment delivered. Gunite in the morning.

Attachments

agjag06

Jul 30, 2019
Texas
Gunite done. Framing removed tomorrow. Maybe plumbers this weekend.

Attachments

Stic2it

Jul 30, 2019
Ijamsville, Md
Dude, your pool project is about where my project is minus tiling and coping but put issues that have stalled the job, we are pretty much in the same place. My excavation was 20July. The sad part is my pool is a freeform, with nothing major added, no spa, spillover or anything. My PB is not the best!

agjag06

Jul 30, 2019
Texas
The bad news is I lost 2 of 7 sprinkler zones for pool dig. Expected and not a problem. But lost another three and the power cable to the valves when trenching for plumbing. Was hoping for more survival but I got a project now.

JJ_Tex

Bronze Supporter
Jul 17, 2019
Prosper, TX (DFW)
I lost all 10 of mine on day 1, so consider yourself lucky. For the front flowerbed p-trap I have one of those as well. Mine is in the bushes, but I was thinking of just spray painting it brown to better blend in.

Newdude

Jun 16, 2019
NY
I lost all 10 of mine on day 1, so consider yourself lucky. For the front flowerbed p-trap I have one of those as well. Mine is in the bushes, but I was thinking of just spray painting it brown to better blend in.

I have something similar. It’s my vent pipe but still. I used dark green spray paint. It blends in with some plants suprisingly well. I know it’s there but nobody else sees it.