New Build starting soon in Houston

jdisauwg

Gold Supporter
Jun 19, 2020
Houston
Hey TFP peeps,

We pulled the trigger on a pool a few weeks again and my gas line is being moved on Wed, and we are hoping that the digging will start shortly thereafter. :)

I was wondering if we are forgetting anteing in our build and wanted to give you all the chance to chime in and help out if there is anything you would do differently, and of course open to advice of any kind. (y)

We have been going back and fourth whether or not to get a spa or not, but decided for it in the end.

Here is what our setup looks like:
99 Perimeter Freeform pool 3.5’ – 6.0’ Depths, one end 13 x 33, and in the middle 23 wide. with a water feature and spa.
  • Pentair Intelliconnect System to run Pool
  • Rainbow #300 Automatic Chlorinator
  • Pentair Intelliflow Energy Efficient Pump
  • Water Test Kit, Pole, Brush,Net , and Vacuum Hose Included
  • Pentair Racer LS Cleaner with separate 3/4hp pump
  • Pebblesheen / color tbd
  • Filter - Pentair Cartridge 520 Filter
  • Lights - Pentair Intellibrite LED Color Light
    • Additional Pentair Lg. LED Color Pool Light, Inc. Electrical
    • Pentair Globrite LED Light in tile line on sunshelf, Inc. transformer and electrical
  • Automatic Pool Fill and Pool Overflow Line
  • 2 Bermuda Skimmers and 8 Returns Plumbed Independently 2.5" Scd 40 Pvc
  • Independent 2.5" Main Drain Line
  • 2.5" Skimmer Plumbing from Equipment to skimmers
  • Oversized sun shelf in 6" of water with 2 umbrella sleeves
  • Ground Level Spa - 6 Waterway Jets, LED Color Light, split level benches, angled benches, 1.5 HP Silencer Blower , 6" Tile, Travertine Coping, Flat Spillway,
  • Pentair Starite 400,000 BTU Heater with gas run, regulator and valves
  • 3 bubblers on Sunshelf with plumbing. (No Sep. Pump) Run on WF pump
  • Rock Water feature with rock on beam, Pentair 2 HP Pump, Electrical
  • 4" SDR Sch35 PVC Area Drains to street with popup

View Aove.pngView Soth Night.pngPool layout.JPG

You really do not want the IntelliConnect, especially if you are getting a spa. Read Pentair Automation Systems - IntelliConnect

Consider the IntelliCenter and get a credit for both the IntelliConnect and the electrical installation savings the Load Center gives.

What model number IntelliFlo pump?

The chlorinator using Trichlor tablets is not a sustainable way of chlorinating your pool, especially in the south. Consider the IntelliChlor SWG.

Reactions: jdisauwg
J,

Pentair makes two automation systems that I would not recommend to even my mother-in-law.. The IntelliConnect and the "lite" version of the EasyTouch..

You need a real EasyTouch with ScreenLogic, or the new IntelliCenter.

Your list shows a good pump... the IntelliFlo, and a good filter, the CCP-520

If you still don't own a cell phone, than a Pentair Racer with booster pump is for you.. But assuming you don't still live in the 60's, you really should dump any type of water powered cleaner, and get yourself a low voltage Robot.. Something like this..

I personally like saltwater pools, but understand that can be a hard sell in the Houston area.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: jdisauwg
You really do not want the IntelliConnect, especially if you are getting a spa. Read Pentair Automation Systems - IntelliConnect

Consider the IntelliCenter and get a credit for both the IntelliConnect and the electrical installation savings the Load Center gives.

What model number IntelliFlo pump?

The chlorinator using Trichlor tablets is not a sustainable way of chlorinating your pool, especially in the south. Consider the IntelliChlor SWG.
Thanks for the link, its a great resource, I will ask our PB the pump model number and discuss the IntelliConnect solution and IntelliChlor SWG with him. Thanks for the tips!!

J,

Pentair makes two automation systems that I would not recommend to even my mother-in-law.. The IntelliConnect and the "lite" version of the EasyTouch..

You need a real EasyTouch with ScreenLogic, or the new IntelliCenter.

Your list shows a good pump... the IntelliFlo, and a good filter, the CCP-520

If you still don't own a cell phone, than a Pentair Racer with booster pump is for you.. But assuming you don't still live in the 60's, you really should dump any type of water powered cleaner, and get yourself a low voltage Robot.. Something like this..

I personally like saltwater pools, but understand that can be a hard sell in the Houston area.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Jim, thanks for this, I am more of a tech lover but do not always have the latest and greatest, but do have a smart home and like to fiddle with things like that. I will discuss the Robot cleaner and the IntellicCenter. We are now well beyond our budget and have to keep an eye on the costs for now, are these items I can retrofit later on if I cant swing it upfront?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.