New Build South of Atlanta GA, looking for a decent PB?

Carnut12

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 2, 2013
Forsyth, GA
Good Evening Everyone,
This forum really helped me my first time around, now I’m moving from New England to Georgia so I’ll be looking to complete another Pool/backyard makeover. Anyone in this area have recommendations for a PB?

I will keep everyone updated, this time we will be going with Gunite/Concrete.

Thanks All

Bill

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Here is a bump and @kimkats is in the south to welcome you to the neighborhood.

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Hi and welcome to heat and humidity! Oh and GA red clay! That stuff is SLIPPERY and stains everything it touches!!!

We tell everyone to get at least 5 quotes and share them here so we can go over them. Ask around your new neighborhood about who build their pools.

Reactions: Carnut12

Carnut12

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 2, 2013
Forsyth, GA
Hi and welcome to heat and humidity! Oh and GA red clay! That stuff is SLIPPERY and stains everything it touches!!!

We tell everyone to get at least 5 quotes and share them here so we can go over them. Ask around your new neighborhood about who build their pools.
Thank you will do!! I can’t believe the clay, it’s crazy. I’ll take it over the 5 month Winters though.

markayash

Gold Supporter
Mar 21, 2016
Atlanta Ga
Welcome to Ga, don't panic when your car is yellow in a few weeks :) We get hammered around April for a few weeks.

The guy who replastered my pool isn't in business anymore or would recommend him.

markayash

Gold Supporter
Mar 21, 2016
Atlanta Ga

My parents had 10 acres probably 30 miles from Stone Mountain. When they came to bore the well they hit solid granite about 20’ down all around the house. Finally had to bore one.
Red clay is just about as hard :)