New Build So. Cal -running updates! start up finally 😃😃

S S

Jun 16, 2020
Los Angeles
Im long over due on an update . .. things were stalled for quite a bit, due to fires, winds, rain, more fires and permit delays . . . :( a few months behind schedule...

8/15 three mini bobcats have been working for three days--soo much progress--
8/18 dig completed! (well I guess not)
8/20 went out to measure per Kim--NOT DEEP ENOUGH-called PB-digger used old plans . . . so need to come out another day TBD
8/21 steel --cancelled!
8/24 diggers came back/proper depth--allowed us to now also make spa bigger-we are 8*8 now
8/26 plumber visited for new spa specs--dug around some more
8/27 re-bar started
8/28 re-bar completed
9/16- shotcrete!!!
9/22 --we had a pond/stream--we were going to just change liner, but decided on a total overhaul!!
11/18 coping went in
11/25 pavers started
12/3 pavers complete! no more dirt!!! woo hoo!!
12/4 remaining retaining wall poured for equipment
12/7 title was supposed to start (tile guy is sick) . .
12/8 water line tiles in
dec/jan more delays- but completed the spa tile, wing walls etc.

2/6/2021 plaster
2/7/2021 acid wash and water
2/9/2021 start up!!!
2/12 fire/water bowls
floating steps remain - likely 2/12

pics at the end of the thread.

30*18 rectangle (depth 4' to 6'), with additional 6'3"*15 Baja shelf (water depth- at 9")
8*8 spa-10 jets (raised 24" with 3 spill over edges-two floating steps up)
18" retaining wall on north side with 5*8’ center wall with 1-5' sheer (pentair whisper flow)
Stonescapes (reverse tahoe)-added hand cast abalone/and glass
Stone black Tandur coping
pavers
2 firebowls, with water feature- separate pump

Equipment:
Pentair IC 40
Pentair 420 clean and clear filter
Pentair Intelliflow 3 H.P. 8 speed pump
Pentair Master temp 199K Heater
Pentair Rebel cleaner
3 globerites in pool 1 in spa and 2 microbrites in baja
Pentair 8 function EZ touch w/screen
4 returns and 2 skimmers (ty for the input on adding extra skimmer)

Attachments

• F6B20737-AE37-41BD-B238-9DDC95464687.jpeg
    F6B20737-AE37-41BD-B238-9DDC95464687.jpeg
    261.3 KB · Views: 168
  • B0E8BA1C-BD25-4C49-BD91-5925F617DFCD.jpeg
    B0E8BA1C-BD25-4C49-BD91-5925F617DFCD.jpeg
    590.6 KB · Views: 153
  • 4A61FED8-98E2-4F68-ACF4-506C8B999B61.jpeg
    4A61FED8-98E2-4F68-ACF4-506C8B999B61.jpeg
    515.6 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
I do not see any issues with the equipment. Be sure the Easytouch is not the LITE version.

Be ware of abalone shells added to the plaster. There have been reports of staining after time due to the shells.

Reactions: S S
I do not see any issues with the equipment. Be sure the Easytouch is not the LITE version.

Be ware of abalone shells added to the plaster. There have been reports of staining after time due to the shells.
Thank you for the advice--I will check on Easytouch--what is the other option you recommend? and what is the problem with the LITE version?

The LITE version only allows 4 schedules. Be that a combination of Feature schedules or Egg timers. The regular allows 12. The LITE version does not come with the power panel in it, so you have to have an additional box on your wall.

The ET should have the SWCG power center in it. Be sure you are getting a SWCG that is rated for at least twice your pool volume. I suspect that will be an IC40

The LITE version only allows 4 schedules. Be that a combination of Feature schedules or Egg timers. The regular allows 12. The LITE version does not come with the power panel in it, so you have to have an additional box on your wall.

The ET should have the SWCG power center in it. Be sure you are getting a SWCG that is rated for at least twice your pool volume. I suspect that will be an IC40
Yes— getting an IC40- updated my post above and added the layout Photo! Thank you for your advice

LOVE design!

The one thing I would change is to go for a 4' shallow. That will ease the transition for the deeper end. I would also think about doing the steps all the way across the wall to the shelf. That would give you added seating inside the pool.

LOVE design!

The one thing I would change is to go for a 4' shallow. That will ease the transition for the deeper end. I would also think about doing the steps all the way across the wall to the shelf. That would give you added seating inside the pool.
agree with the 4' shallow end--Ill talk to PB about that--I am having trouble envisioning the second--are you saying extend steps and have them end where the shelf stops? or all the way across the length of the entire pool? I

F6B20737-AE37-41BD-B238-9DDC95464687.jpeg

I put my idea in purple. My reasoning is this will allow you to have another seating area and the steps will be right by the wall so it can be used to help people get out of the pool if they need it.

I worry the way the steps were with that pointed corner there could be some hurt legs or body parts if someone was playing around in the pool and ran or swam into it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
View attachment 149068

I put my idea in purple. My reasoning is this will allow you to have another seating area and the steps will be right by the wall so it can be used to help people get out of the pool if they need it.

I worry the way the steps were with that pointed corner there could be some hurt legs or body parts if someone was playing around in the pool and ran or swam into it.
That makes a lot of sense--maybe extend all the steps to the baja? I also called PB and changed shallow to 4' --I really appreciate your input and help.

Did you get your permits already? Just signed a contract last week and wondering what the turnaround time would be in Southern California. PB said it may take up to 5 weeks with the pandemci
Nope-it was under review and now the status is CORRECTIONS REQ --I assume that means they need additional information or something corrected. We submitted on 10th and paid/finalized on 18th. I was told up to 2 months :( --and then 1-2 weeks start from time of approval.
Where in So Cal are you?

Did you get your permits already? Just signed a contract last week and wondering what the turnaround time would be in Southern California. PB said it may take up to 5 weeks with the pandemci
Im actually glad things were slowed down in a way-we ended up making several changes since we had time to think and research a bit. I still have a few tweaks to make.

2 months 😳. I’m in Riverside county. Guess by the time they start working won’t be until fall. I was debating whether or not I would need a heater for a pool only build guess I made the right decision? Lol. I’m in the same boat - so many decisions to make from coping to finish. Who’s your builder?

2 months 😳. I’m in Riverside county. Guess by the time they start working won’t be until fall. I was debating whether or not I would need a heater for a pool only build guess I made the right decision? Lol. I’m in the same boat - so many decisions to make from coping to finish. Who’s your builder?
Pool Water Creations. Yours? Yes--definitely going to be fall . .. we added a heater

I didn't see it mentioned, but make sure you get a separate vacuum port so you don't have to vacuum from your skimmer.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.