New Build - SE Houston Area - Material Selection Help!

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
You have to look HARD to even think you see it! You would need to use some good calipers to know for sure it was done that way! NICE job and thanks for sharing!

Reactions: KCNM

Mbb04

Jul 31, 2021
League City
You rang??? Love your pool design so far! Well done!

Tiles-I like the both but the one on the right is my fav. One big thing you will want to think about and play around with will be the grout color-white will make each tile pop out where a darker gray will help them blend in better. BOTH are very pretty but wanted you to think about it ahead of time. They should have grout sticks for you to borrow to help you see what each one will look like.

Another thing is the tile installers. They are going to have to be top shelve installers to get good placement and even sized on the end runs and in the skimmer area. Have them really think about where the end tiles will be so there are not tiny tile cut that will show up too much.
Thanks very much Kim. We are going with the tile on the right and the travertine decking on the left. Too many concerns with the white marble.

Thanks I will definitely discuss that with the tile installers prior to them starting.

Mbb04

Jul 31, 2021
League City
@kimkats You'll have to excuse the Crud angle, because I wasn't going to hop in for this picture.

I forgot that he actually cut the backing to make it even smaller than sheets when he did this. You can see every ~3 tile-widths or so, the pattern has a complete vertical line. Every single one of them is slightly widened. As I said, it's definitely something you can see, but very subtle.

And yes, I'm quite happy with all the subs my PB used. Good quality work all around.

View attachment 379163
Very nice