New Build - SE Houston Area - Adding Salt too soon to Pool

Thank you. It’s QDI - Philadelphia
I'm jealous! We also chose Philadelphia for our decking and we've had 8 pallets of them just sitting at our house for weeks now waiting on the backyard to drain before they can come put the concrete down. Tired of the muddy swampy mess!

I'm jealous! We also chose Philadelphia for our decking and we've had 8 pallets of them just sitting at our house for weeks now waiting on the backyard to drain before they can come put the concrete down. Tired of the muddy swampy mess!
Me too 😫 I have 14 pallets of defective/low quality and wrong size travertine sitting for 4 weeks waiting for replacement . Supply chain issues - shortage of 16*24 pavers . It’s marked as premium but looks even lower than commercial grade . Every paver I received had big pits , edges broken and some look like sponge

Attachments

• 6A092175-760F-42D5-9B08-7BDB6D0A3130.jpeg
    6A092175-760F-42D5-9B08-7BDB6D0A3130.jpeg
    703.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 814AE044-5C6E-4E5A-AC5F-FEF36B65B951.jpeg
    814AE044-5C6E-4E5A-AC5F-FEF36B65B951.jpeg
    350.6 KB · Views: 80
Oh my goodness. That looks really bad. I'm glad you are getting a replacement. (For Texasresident, your pool build is too beautiful for that quality of paver.)
Vendor is saying travertine comes from Turkey . pandemic labor shortages along with exponential demand for natural stones is causing significant delays and quality issues .. sad thing is he doesn’t even have timeline when it will be available .
If it doesn’t come in next couple weeks maybe I will look into alternatives - porcelain or marble

Reactions: Cena_sea
Vendor is saying travertine comes from Turkey . pandemic labor shortages along with exponential demand for natural stones is causing significant delays and quality issues .. sad thing is he doesn’t even have timeline when it will be available .
If it doesn’t come in next couple weeks maybe I will look into alternatives - porcelain or marble
Now you're making me nervous, I haven't even looked through the tiles in the pallets. They were ordered at the end of last year and came in early January but other than a cursory look to see that it was indeed the right travertine I haven't examined them that closely (having to traverse the mud bog of my backyard to get to them hasn't helped either).

Yea the yard had been a mess and they were supposed to do final cleanup and regrade the yard next week but it looks like rain most of the week so just more mess for awhile

Me too 😫 I have 14 pallets of defective/low quality and wrong size travertine sitting for 4 weeks waiting for replacement . Supply chain issues - shortage of 16*24 pavers . It’s marked as premium but looks even lower than commercial grade . Every paver I received had big pits , edges broken and some look like sponge
Oh my that’s not good. What brand is that?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You should check our QDI. I believe they have offices in Dallas. Quality looks good and they had a lot in stock.

Reactions: Cena_sea
Patio competed. Only plaster, final electrical and clean up left. Planning to be filling next weekend if all goes to plan

Attachments

• 0DD3634C-4E23-44F1-9C64-BAC6AB6FE239.jpeg
    0DD3634C-4E23-44F1-9C64-BAC6AB6FE239.jpeg
    554 KB · Views: 54
  • F40CADF5-54E7-4B43-8D93-11E8177D33CA.jpeg
    F40CADF5-54E7-4B43-8D93-11E8177D33CA.jpeg
    567.2 KB · Views: 54
  • FC9D2C49-5FCD-4C56-9006-E69D364A970A.jpeg
    FC9D2C49-5FCD-4C56-9006-E69D364A970A.jpeg
    481.7 KB · Views: 54
The PB installed the SWG today along with the controller and I was just curious if it made a difference whether or not the SWG should be installed before the first 30 days of running the pool. Planning to plater and fill next week. Obviously there is no salt and I’ll be doing chlorine pucks for the first 30 days.

SWG can be installed whenever.

When Should Salt be Added? In our industry, there seems to be some consensus to wait 30 days before adding salt to new plaster pools, yet some say it is okay to add salt within a couple of days of filling the pool. Who is right? This thread describes why it appears that the recommendation to wait 30 days before adding any salt is appropriate for most plaster pools, including quartz and pebble pools

SWG can be installed whenever.

When Should Salt be Added? In our industry, there seems to be some consensus to wait 30 days before adding salt to new plaster pools, yet some say it is okay to add salt within a couple of days of filling the pool. Who is right? This thread describes why it appears that the recommendation to wait 30 days before adding any salt is appropriate for most plaster pools, including quartz and pebble pools
Thank you. Thought that was the case but just second guessing myself

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.