New build quotes in northern NJ

Cphats

Aug 20, 2020
Hawthorne, NJ
Hi everyone
lurking and reading for a while here. I had initially thought I wanted a fiberglass pool, but began looking into vinyl after getting the actual quote for fiberglass. We are looking for simple rectangle. The fiberglass quote is his estimate for a 15x 30 model from leisure.
what do you guys think of these various setups/configurations?
thanks in advance
chris

Attachments

• 9F58B524-AC3F-450B-85D7-05311B11423B.jpeg
    9F58B524-AC3F-450B-85D7-05311B11423B.jpeg
    519.7 KB · Views: 100
  • FC69385B-CBD0-46B1-AC1F-E5234CA9CEB2.jpeg
    FC69385B-CBD0-46B1-AC1F-E5234CA9CEB2.jpeg
    99.8 KB · Views: 102
Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a pretty good price to me except...
-Ditch the UV device. Total waste of money (and boy is that a LOT of money!)
-Skip the pressure sweeper cleaner which also needs high energy booster pump to work and get a robot insteadl
-LOVE the 8' depth!

That's all I see, but others may see other details to comment on. Keep us in the loop!

Maddie :flower:

Thanks Maddie! I had included my personal info on the fiberglass upload and the other mod deleted it. I thought he had deleted my whole post, so I missed this earlier. I guess I'm still new to how the board works. I'm attaching the fiberglass quote for comparison. Were you referencing the handwritten quote or the typed one? TIA!
- Chris

Attachments

• IMG_0035.jpg
    IMG_0035.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0034.jpg
    IMG_0034.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0033.jpg
    IMG_0033.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0032.jpg
    IMG_0032.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 47
You are in @jimmythegreek territory. Let's see what he thinks.

On the vinyl liner quote:
  • No PVC ball valves. Use all diverter valves.
  • What BTU gas heater?
  • What size SWG cell? You want your cell capacity to be at least 2X your pool volume. You probably need a T-15 cell.
  • What model auto vac? Skip it and get a robot pool cleaner.
  • I would not pay full balance due upon liner delivery. I would hold back at least 10% payment to be paid after startup of pool and all equipment.
  • I don't see any automation system like the AquaLogic or OmniPL. How will the lights be controlled? You need the SWG to not be powered when the pump is off by the automation or a timer.

Thank @ajw22 ! I think you're referring to the MetroPools quote (the typed vinyl quote), right? The handwritten fill in quote is from Everclear. I was going to keep the builder names out but I don't see the point since I'm not saying anything bad about them. Everclear gave me a more detailed packet that included all the Pentair brochures, but Metro may have just given me links to the Hayward page. I only see brochures for liners and covers in their packet. I believe the Everclear quote includes the equivalent items you are mentioning, except they say "operating valves" without specifying ball or diverter. He didn't specify the size of the Intellichlor he was including, but I will ask. I believe the automation on Pentair is built into the the Ez-touch? Is there an additional cost to be able to control that with iphone/ipad? I will negotiate the 10% hold back. That's a really good point. I will definitely get a robot cleaner instead.

More comments about the Everclear quote...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looking over the 40k quote is reasonable. He doesn't include anything with plumbing or electrical theres 5k there just to start added on. He also doesn't include any silt fence, grading, dirt removal, etc. Its a low price estimate that will have 10k added on in no time. Justa be aware of that. All the things that are to be paid by customer are things needed to build a pool. The permits and the engineered drawing is a grand alone. All in all still in the ballpark

Thanks for mentioning me above, unfortunately I'm swamped thru all of 2021, and I don't think I will even finish the work ahead for 2020 at this point. Rain rain go away, come back 2021

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.