New Build in The Woodlands TX - Update: Landscaping!

:party: oh yeah! And I see you knew what to do to the hoses! Well done! I am sure you know but...........don't let the flow of water stop. Doing so could cause a ring in that new plaster.

Remember there might be a slight green tint to the water. This normal. The final water color will come about as the water is balanced and the plaster cures.

Kim:kim:

:party: oh yeah! And I see you knew what to do to the hoses! Well done! I am sure you know but...........don't let the flow of water stop. Doing so could cause a ring in that new plaster.

Remember there might be a slight green tint to the water. This normal. The final water color will come about as the water is balanced and the plaster cures.

Can you elaborate on what to do with the hoses?

When filling for the first time you want to put socks on the ends of the hoses. This does two things-helps filter the water and keep the metal ends off the plaster. You also want the hose ends as close to the main drain aka the lowest part of the pool. This will help keep the water flow from causing a channel in the new plaster.

Reactions: JMSMommy
When filling for the first time you want to put socks on the ends of the hoses. This does two things-helps filter the water and keep the metal ends off the plaster. You also want the hose ends as close to the main drain aka the lowest part of the pool. This will help keep the water flow from causing a channel in the new plaster.

I need to start making a spreadsheet of reminders....SO much to remember!

Reactions: kimkats

Kim,

Silly question but by “socks”, do you mean literally socks or skimmer socks?

Reactions: kimkats
Not a silly question at all! Sock as in what you wear. A thick, cotton tube sock works best for this. Tape is the best way to hold them on as well. I worry the hard plastic end on zip ties could gouge the new plaster so don't advice to use them.

As you learn you will also see us suggest putting the CYA power in a sock as well. For this some have found thinner socks work better but make sure there are NO holes. Me? I use my husbands tube socks and just walk around in the pool squeezing it to help it dissolve.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I've been following your build because I think we'll be choosing similar color selections. Did you add any shimmering sea or glass beads to the blue surf?

No, just plain Blue Surf. It looks great.

We looked at pools that had Aqua Blue and Blue Granite, but felt that Blue Surf simply looked better. There's a reason it's the most popular Pebble Sheen color.

Reactions: NWS

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.