-500watt RGBW LED Pool Light
-300watt RGBW LED Spa Light
Zodiac Fusion Soft 1400 Mineral System
(2) 24" and (1) 36" Sheer Descents
50ft 18in raised bond beam and deck
(6) Spa Jets
Automatic pool cover (brand TBD)
Decking: 2100 sq/ft of Calstone Versailles Sequoia Sandstone Pavers

Also doing an outdoor kitchen and fire pit to complete the backyard paradise.

Please let me know if you have any questions, concerns, feedback, or suggestions.

I ordered my water test kit already, and looking forward to learning how to use it.

Attachments

• 06132019_1.jpg
    06132019_1.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_9090.JPG
    IMG_9090.JPG
    309.8 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!

Please reconsider that -- metals will stain the pool and trichlor is not sustainable being used on a daily basis. I doubt you want to be draining your pool every few months to reduce CYA.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Pool School eBook.

Thanks mknauss! I will look into it. I was already not sure I was going to use that system for the chlorine pucks. The pool builder designed the whole system and just installed everything. I had no idea at the time what equipment would be necessary and what to avoid.

Ugh, so close, yet so far. My PB says 3 more days of actual work. Have to wait for my outdoor kitchen appliances and counter top to move forward. Need to finish off outdoor kitchen, landscaping, plaster, paver joint sand, power up, fill water, and hopefully have a few solid months to enjoy before it starts to get cooler.

OSGW20,
We are also building a pool in the South Bay. Very similar to yours (but a little smaller) due to the "big" lot sizes here.
Our PB was originally planning a puck / metal system also but we have switched to a SWCG based on what I learned here on TFP.
You are much farther along - we haven't even got our permit yet. I think ours will be done just in time for winter.

Bob

Hi Bob,

Our lot size is not huge, but it's decent. With all the pavers down, we have a better idea of how much space we actually have. Plenty of room for entertaining. Hopefully, your pool gets going soon. The permitting process was quick for us. Signed our contract on 3/27 and the permit was approved the next day. Broke ground on 4/3. The excavation, rebar, and plumbing went quick. After that, everything went at a snails pace. Inspections in San Jose take 2 weeks to get you on the books. Hopefully your PB knows that and plans accordingly. My PB was not aware because he is from the central valley, and first inspection delayed us out 2 weeks. Here is a photo from today. Good luck with your build! Would love to see photos when you get some.

Attachments

• 07112019_2.jpg
    07112019_2.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 25
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.